WE HAVE NEWS!!!

First of all, let me just state that this is NOT the way that I would normally broadcast our news for the first time for some of you to read, but I am having no luck reaching some of you via the phone, and as news flies fast, I fear that this may be the only way that some of you at least "read" it first from my fingers - even if you do not necessarily "hear" it first from my lips. So, especially for Angie, Shannie, and Kristi......I do so badly want to chat with you VERY soon, but just in case we end up playing phone tag for weeks, hopefully you at least read the news first from me rather than get it second hand.

O.k. here goes.......WE ARE PREGNANT! Yep. Very exciting. I haven't been to the midwife yet, but we think that we're about ten weeks along. This is a little bit earlier than we shared when we were pregnant with Kaden, but I feel like second time around it's a little different. We're so far away from home, and I think that even if something happened and I miscarried, I would still tell everyone anyway. So, rather than say, "Hey, by the way, I was pregnant for two months but I miscarried," I would rather have the ones that I love walk the entire journey with us from the beginning. That's my philosophy anyway.

So, we are both really thrilled. We really didn't want there to be ANY more than three years between our kids (if we could have our way), and we also did not want to put our family on hold for school. If our calculations are correct, we are due at end of June or early July - RIGHT IN THE HEAT OF THE PHILLY SUMMER (Praise the Lord), but my schooling wraps up mid-June, so that's pretty perfect. Kev will be right in the middle of his internship, so it will be a little crazy, but such is life. We are thankful and feel so blessed. So far, I feel really good; just a little sleepy and queasy if I don't eat. But, other than that, I have absolutely NO complaints.

As much as Kaden understands, he is excited. When I ask him what Mommy has in her tummy, he whispers, "A baby for Kaden." From day to day it changes as to whether he wants a boy or a girl! So.......that's our exciting news. Feeling blessed and filled to overflowing......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH! I know I've already said congrats but CONGRATS again! Hope you'll be up for the zoo in April :) Love you!

Jessica

Tracing in the Valley said...

Hey Ame, so great to hear your news. Blessings! Tell Kev that I am passing along my congrats

Anonymous said...

congratulations! that's so awesome. if you have another boy natalie will have two booker boys to choose from! haha it was so great to see you guys a couple weeks ago, i had a lot of fun, thanks for letting us crazy teenagers stay with you! (cuz you know abby, scott and i are oh so crazy lol) love ya!

Anonymous said...

I had a feeling, Ame...not that I don't expect you to call me, but...when I got your message lastnight, I was thinking...Hmmm...something's up!!! lol. Anyways...congradulations -- that's awesome!! You, Lori, and Angie, are all pregnant at the same time -- isn't that cool?! Wish I was, too...anyways...we'll see if we can get in on the action!! wink-wink!! Hope to talk to ya soon, dear friend...I love ya, though -- maybe tomorrow night?! Anyways...hope all is well in your world...I miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I'm so very excited, although I wish one day you and I could be preggers at the same time, Ame. But at the same time you paving the way has been so awesome for me :)
Peter and I are hoping for a girl to balance out all the boys that have been born lately. But Ana's right...Nat would certainly have her pick of the litter. We wouldn't want to start fights and divide the brothers though... tee hee
So good to chat today, Ame. Glad you're feeling good. Can't wait to rub that tummy!
As John the Baptist said..."You must increase, and I must decrease." sorry, couldn't resist.
ok i'm going now :)

Shannon said...

Wonderful news! Babies are great. :)