He is a Baby No More

Our little man has moved into a big boy bed! Oh my word - what a bittersweet event! We actually didn't think this transition would happen so easily or quickly - he is so timid about life! So, we just set everything up on Saturday afternoon thinking that we'd leave it and the crib in his room for a couple of days and just let him play on it and get used to it before we took the crib out at the beginning of the week. Well, he would have none of this! He wanted to sleep in it the very first night. He said, "My no baby anymore, Mommy. My big boy now." (His grammar is a little lacking, I know). So, we went with it. It was SO cute! We took tons of pictures and video footage and made a big deal out of it. Wellll, he only lasted for about an hour before he decided that maybe he would sleep in his crib for ONE more night! We didn't push it as the next day was Sunday and a very long day for us. However, the very next night, we tried it again, and other than him toppling out head first into a basket that I had beside his bed at 1:00 in the morning, he did great! He doesn't even remember, so we're not reminding him. However, both Kev and I almost peed our pants laughing! Kaden now gets so excited for nap time and bed time, and he keeps telling us how much he loves his new big boy bed. Too cute! AND, he has, thus far, obeyed us and not gotten out until he asks us if he can! Very exciting. Okay, now that this is conquered, on to the potty training!......Maybe I'll wait until the Maine gang leaves our place and start fresh the next week! My new goal is to be trained by Christmas! I'll keep you posted......Good times in the Booker household!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Isn't it amazing how all of a sudden our little babies go from babies to little boys overnight? I found that the one move that signified that my 'baby' was no longer a baby was the move from the crib to the bed. It was a bittersweet moment with both of my kids...proud that they were mature enough to make that step, yet sad too, because it meant they were growing up. In those moments, I always have to remind myself that it is one of my jobs as their parent to help them go from dependence to independence...even if it's hard for me to accept. :) Let me know how the potty training goes! Love ya!