Happy Thanksgiving......a wee bit early!

Oh man - I am just getting SO excited for Thanksgiving......and I'm not even going home! That's pretty good! :0) It really is a very fun event here in the married students' complex. This will be the second year of our new tradition, and it is soooo much fun. All of us marrieds who can't make the trip home all get together for a HUGE potluck! We all bring our favorites that remind us of home and we cram into someone's apartment that's been all decorated festively. We eat off of china, talk of our own traditions back home, share blessings, play games, and just spend the entire day together. It is so so fun. For one entire day, we all come together and we become each other's family away from home. It really is such a blessing. We're all in the same stage of life together - we're all taking this crazy journey of having left home, friends, and family to come back to school - and we all just understand where each other is coming from and where we are going. It's a really special time. AND THEN......on that very Saturday following Thanksgiving, we go to get our Christmas trees! Oh, good times! Because we all travel home to see our families for the actual Christmas holiday, we need to get our own trees early so that we will have time to enjoy them. And every year gets more and more fun with Kaden! I love it! Other than the cold, it truly is the most wonderful time of the year! Fun! Fun! God bless you, my friends!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ame...the first to comment, I can't believe it!! Sounds like there's lots of excitement around there!! I'm feeling a bit sad, 'cause Jason and I were supposed to go to Maine for Thanksgiving, but...just found out that Jason can't leave the country...and, I really would hate to get down there, have a great time, take advantage of all the great sales, buy some Bath and Body Works...and then get to the border and not be able to bring Jason back home with me! Wouldn't be worth it!! But...Christmas...I certainly AM getting excited for Christmas...time is going by so fast, I can't believe it!!! It never seems Christmasy until the first big snowfall, though! Are you guys going to Maine for Christmas?!...Anyways...would love to hear from you...I guess you can't comment on my Xanga, but...you CAN write an e-mail!!! Anyways...I miss ya, Ame. And I love you very much --

Anonymous said...

guess what? i so stayed at your house last night! haha we are definitely kidnapping you guys and taking you back to maine where you belong! katie kelsey and i are hanging out in katie's dorm, elias is here too but he hasn't really acknowledged that i'm here. oh well, i hope you adults are having fun without all us wild teenagers!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ame...I guess I'm the odd one out now with Xanga...you can still send e-mails/call/whatever, though , ya know!! Why are our moms so great at communicating with each other and we're so awful at it?!...anyways...just wanted to say Hi -- I was thinking about you this morning, and...wishing we could just SEE each other...we talk so many times of how fun it would be to see you and Kev...we always have such a great time with you guys -- laughing our silly little heads off -- miss chatting with you...hopefully we can talk soon!! Hope you're getting all ready for Thanksgiving...hope you have a great day, ame...I miss ya!!

Angie said...

Sounds like you guys are gonna have a great time at Thanksgiving! Are you guys headed to Maine for Christmas? I am so looking forward to Christmas this year...especially since I'll be able to carry my baby in my arms by then, not in my belly! :) Me!? A mommy of 3...hard to believe some days...but I love it. Let me know if/when you guys have any 'news' you wanna share. Love ya Ame! We should try to talk on the phone before Christmas! Have a great night!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ame, I've been having fun catching up on your life--I'd been slacking in the blog area lately :) I'm so glad you guys have a family away from home, and it sounds like such a fun day. We'll be headed to Oxford Wednesday evening through Saturday morning, and I can't wait. Nat is crawling and doing solid food--so many changes since they saw her last, so it will be so fun. ooo...baby up...must go do last feeding and get her back to bed before she wakes all the way. love and hugs--shannie