Giving Thanks

We had such an awesome day yesterday with friends and our new "family" away from home! A staff member from the school invited all of us young couples from PBU who couldn't make it home to their families, over to their big home to spend the day. So, rather than all of us cramming into one little apartment over here, we actually got to be in a beautiful home eating a feast off of their china! There were about twenty-five people at this staff member's house! We stayed all day and into the evening eating, sharing blessings, playing games, and just talking and talking.

I LOVE this new family that I met! Their parents have died, and their siblings live away. But, rather than sit home and pine for how "things used to be" they opened their home to a boatload of people that they have NEVER met before and just really served and blessed us! We all brought food to share, but other than that - they wouldn't let us do anything! They did the dishes, packed up our food, AND played with our children! I want to bless people like this!

Kaden took a three hour nap over there, thoroughly enjoyed his meal, totally flirted with this family's two daughters, and had blast with their little dog. When we got into the car on the way home I asked if he had a great day, and he said, "That was SUPER fun!" I couldn't agree more!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds like so much fun!! Isn't it great when you have a great day with friends, and new friends, and your babies (grown and otherwise:)?!?! Especially when there is no family around to be with...it's so nice to have somewhere to go, and people to be with that help you make new and different 'traditions'.
So, Kaden was flirting with the girls huh? So cute! I would love to see him with my Rory...she would love him, I'm sure! ;) Although, when she asked to wear my wedding rings today, and I explained that Daddy gave them special to Mommy and one day she might have a special boy give her a special ring, her reaction was 'oh gross! that's yucky, mommy!' I may try to keep fostering this train of thought, but have a sinking suspicion that in about 10 years, she'll have changed her tune about boys. And, to that, I say 'Ai yi yi!!' Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys had a fun day. It's so cool how God has provided a home away from home for the three of you. I can just picture the goofy Kevin grin with that last comment---oh, I miss you guys...:)