Drum Roll Please....

I must brag on my little boy today. This is the fourth morning of our potty training week, AND we have had NO ACCIDENTS since day #1!! He is even staying dry through his naps! I'm a little hesitant to say that he is completely day time potty trained, but man, I feel that he is pretty darn close. I haven't even used the timer to remind him since the first day. He comes and tells me when he has to do either #1 or #2, and then we just run to the bathroom and make a large deal out of the whole entire process! :0)

AND...I must brag some more.....even though he was only day #3 into his training, I decided to go to MOPS anyway yesterday. Instead of wearing normal underwear on him, I just put a pull up on, feeling certain that he would probably have an accident. This is a new place with a new potty and new people who he would have to tell. BUT, when I came to get him after my meeting, the ladies told me that he came right up to them and told them that he had to go, and he even went in a strange place on a big toilet with no potty seat!

I am just so proud of him and how quickly he's grasped this concept! I really feel like I haven't even done much to help him understand. It's like now that he's grasped the concept, he totally undestands. I think my lazyness in waiting until he was two in a half before starting has made this whole process a whole lot easier!! This is my new philosophy, anyway. I'm waiting until two and a half for all of them from now on!

All that to say - I am fully expecting for there to be more accidents along the way. I'm sure that we are nowhere near the end of this training process, but I am just SO thankful that each day since the first has not been a repeat of day #1. That was NOT my favorite! :0) So - thank you to all who thought of us and prayed for us. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congradulation on the potty training, Amy!!! It must be such a relief when you don't have to worry about diapers anymore...diapers are so stinky!! Ugh!! Anyways...will we ever get to talk, I wonder...or has our friendship become a cyber-friendship?!...If you just get a xanga, and don't use it for anything other than commenting (which is what some other friends do!), you can comment and read my blog...think about it!! Anyways...congrats again on the pregnancy...I'm a little sad that my mom found out before I did...but, what can ya do - our mothers are GREAT at keeping in touch...we could learn a thing or two from them, I think! Anyways, I still love ya...and hope to chat soon.

Anonymous said...

yay for Mr. Kaden!!! and his mommy and daddy, of course. :D