Of Such is Motherhood...

For the "caught up" laundry days...and for the painting messes that immediately follow...
For the just mopped floors...and for the spilled bowl of cereal .2 seconds later.

For the meals that they love...and for the many where the timer is set for them to finish "or else"...
For the days of independent play...and for when I am needed ev.ery. sec.ond. of. ev.ery. mo.ment.
For a "Spring" that hasn't quite sprung yet...
 For the days when they play well together...and for the days of perpetual bickering...
For the days of amazing imaginations...and for when "there is nothing to doo-o-o-o."

For the moments when I'm able to "conquer Rome in a day"...
And for the many others when I can't seem to get out of the way of myself.
For grody fish tanks...and for fish that won't die.
For the school days of raging success...and for the one's that are "just good enough."
For nights of crashing into bed feeling like "supermom"....and for the many MANY more where I know I've failed.

For the hearts whose love tanks get filled to overflowing...and for the ones that get crushed with my words.
For the humbling moments of saying, "I'm sorry"...and for the sweet "I forgive you's" that follow.
For "holey" socks...and for Grammy's who bought them new ones...
For the rare moments of "tidy".....and for the mess upon mess upon mess....
For when my neighbor stops by when my kitchen is trashed...and for when no-one comes when it's clean.

For the days of crazy...and for the moments of still...
For the times when they're clean...and for the so many more when they're...not.
For mid-day tea parties...with marshmallow fluff.
For the skinny jeans...and for the maternity pants...
For when he loved me then....and for how he loves me now.

For the freshly cleaned potties...and for when their aim is waaaay off...
For the sweet smelling air-laundered sheets...and for pee accidents that very night.

For dates when we can't stop talking...and for pizza and jammies in bed when we can't stay awake...
For the show "Parenthood"...and for crying together every.  single.  episode.

For make-up and hairspray...and for unshowered days...
For having it all together...and for being on our last nerve.
For roaming free chickies...and for the foxes not finding them.  Yet.

For pre-baby bodies...and for post-baby battle wounds...
For days before kids...and for deeper depth now.

For seeing sacred in chaos...and for the days when we can't.
For naptimes and nighttimes...and for when we just need to rant.

For homes filled with laughter...for walls filled with love.
For Jesus who holds us...and for strength from above.

Of such is this season.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sennie said...

Love it<3
This is SO true!! I experienced it this week, too. We have a super busy week with extra things in it, and on Wednesday I truly felt like a supermom for all that was accomplished, only to crash on Thursday and barely being able to function. I guess our Father keeping us humble - it would be awful to be a supermom - or have supermoms only around us:)
- Sennie (friend of your brother & J up north:)