It's the Little Things.

It's the littlest things that make a house a HOME.
For me, anyway...it's the things that are the most simple...
 Things like my chickies roaming free...
 Like a {rare and fleeting} moment of quiet by the fire...
And things like a big Daddy who snuggles up with his boys and a book at the end of a long day.
Safe, cozy, and simple.
Things I love.
 Things like cooking in the kitchen...
And big boys learning to be expert "trappers."
Big boys also having tender hearts and letting little critters go...
 Things like Grammy's coming to visit for a few days...but even after 35 years unable to step away from "Mama mode"....so windows get cleaned, and dishes get washed.  Daughters are pampered...
...and wee Hoolies get their love tanks filled up to the very tippy top brim.
Things like anticipation.

"It isn't the great big pleasures that count the most.  It's making a great deal out of the little ones." ~ Jean Webster.

And in the sweetest words of my biggest boy - in a "free style poem" he wrote yesterday:

"My home, my home - so very safe.
I play and learn and love everything.
As I sleep, I think about the next day...and I cannot wait."

Beautiful simplicity, my Love.
You've got it...

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

love that last pic :)