How we do It.

So, I came across this little beaute of a video today that reminded me of a sort of "christening" (you could say), that I have (unintentionally, mind you) given to each of my children while they were still in womb...typically, whilst in my third and final trimester.

Not sure if it's a blonde thing, or a balance thing.... or what it is, exactly.
But, it's something...
I think it's how I prep my kids for entering into our family.  You know - just a little taste of life to come.
A pre-birth "jostle," you could say...

With Kaden, I fell down an entire flight of stairs.  I wasn't holding anything.  I didn't trip over anything.  I'm pretty sure I wasn't even distracted.  I just....fell.  Down the entire flight and landed in a heap at the bottom.  Welcome to our family, Kade.

With Jesse, I think I had a momentary lapse in memory or something and completely forgot that I had this ginormous gut in front of me one day when Kaden and I went froggin' together.  We had just caught this huge, big Daddy frog in Kaden's net, but when neither of us were looking, it escaped and was lunging its way back towards the pond.  Well, being the Mama hero that I so clearly thought I was, I dove my large frame of a woman onto that beast and did a full-blown belly flop - on land - to recapture that thing.  I was very quickly reminded that I was indeed, pregnant, and my poor mother just shook her head in amazement wondering what exactly and why exactly I had just did what I had just done.  Welcome to our family, Jesse.

With London - just a few weeks back, actually - our family went for a little exploration hike in the woods, and when we had almost gotten back to our car, there was this good sized puddle that was completely frozen over.  I bent down to pick up a piece of ice for Jesse, and before I knew it, both of my feet were up over my head, and all three of my boys were looking down at me with complete perplexity as to what had just happened.  Their guess was as good as mine.  Welcome, London.

But, when Ransom was in womb - I cannot take the full credit for his "christening."  Some has to go to my man and the fact that we were riding on a different wheeler than usual.  This one was my cousin's brand new 4-wheeler where you have to manually change it over into 4-wheel drive.  We didn't realize, and thought that it would automatically change over on its own when the time was necessary.  It didn't.  Obviously.  And my Dad got it on video for us to remember forever.  He's good like that.  This video also gives you a wee picture into my Father's personality.  First of all, he gave his two year old grandson a pink helmet to wear.  No big deal.  It's God's country up there - no one to impress but the moose - and Jesse was secure in his manhood, anyway.  Secondly, however - and more importantly - notice that while all of the shenanigans are taking place - both with his largely pregnant daughter AND with his two year old grandson.....what does he keep doing?  Why, he keeps videotaping of course...  No need to be concerned in his mind.

He's super-de-duper, over the top, chill like that.

And no one was hurt. 
And my little bro came to the rescue.
And Jesse was quickly soothed with a handful of strawberries.
And it only took five shampoos to get my hair clean again.
And my cousin still loved us after trashing (er..."christening?") her brand new wheeler.
So, all was well.
Good times.

And so, I give you:  Ransom's Christening of Glory...
...right along with two year old Jesse's freak-out fest...
...and Kaden's ghoulish laughter in the background.

Welcome to our family, Ransom.
It's how we do it...
And, I don't know.....maybe it explains all of "us" just a little bit better?

2 comments:

Psalm117ptg said...

Oh my word! It's 11:45 and I'm in bed in the dark reading, as much as I tried to stifle my laughter it came out in tears and belly laughter. I could hardly read past the part about your Mom watching you catch the frog...needless to say Charlie is kinder then I would have been if he had been busting a gut at this hour.

Anonymous said...

It's truly very complicated in this full of activity life to listen news on TV, therefore I simply use the web for that reason, and take the most recent news.

Also visit my homepage: ray ban outlet