Thanksgiving Homemades Take One

Have I ever mentioned before how much I love Family Fun Magazine? (I'm too lazy to do the hyperlink thingy, but just look over at my blog list on the right. You'll see it there. It's under "Good Stuff"). These guys have so many fun, seasonal, and holiday themed craft and snack ideas for young children. I LOVE them!

This year, we are using their thankful placemats for the kids to color on while waiting for their meals. And we are also using some of their ideas for fun treats and card ideas. Today the boys worked on thanksgiving cards that we're going to take to our next door neighbors on either side of us.

Here are the results:
Kaden's:

And Jesse's:

I love this season. I love this HOLIDAY. I love that we enter a time of THANKSGIVING before we enter the all to often chaos of Christmas giftgiving.

We are trying to nurture intentional thanksgiving in our children's hearts - not only during this season, but during every day of their lives. I want them to WANT to do things for others, to WANT to give gifts and not just receive them, and to be thankful for all things both big and small.

And it starts with us, right? They learn by example.
And so this week, we are making lists of all the MANY blessings that God has given us - both big and small. We are blessed beyond measure. We have no idea.

One of the little things I am thankful for? Teatimes with my boys. Yes, they are boys. But they LOVE tea, and we have such lovely chats during these rare moments of proper decorum!

It's so often the little things, isn't it?

And all of those little things added up, make for a pretty sensational life.

2 comments:

Shay said...

Oh Amy, I so love your tea idea! I wonder if I could get mine to sit with me for that. :)
FF magazine rocks! I don't have a subscription but I'm on their web site all the time. We have two dinners to make the kids sit through this week, so I may snag the place mat idea too :)

Kristi said...

I was thinking yesterday of how your mom would get tea in little cups like that for the grandkids...i'm happy you do it too -- and I was thinking of getting Jonah a little cup -- He's always wanting our coffee or tea -- which we never give him, but I know he'd love to have a cup like ours!! So cute. I love you guys.