Hit the Road Jack!....er, Amy!

Holy Hannah, I cannot believe what is actually going to take place in just a couple of hours. In just about 120 more minutes (!) a childhood friend is going to be pulling into my yard - sans children - and I am going to get into her car - sans children - and we are going to go on an honest to goodness roadtrip. Just the two of us. Oh my word.

I don't think I've gone on a real roadtrip since I was pregnant with Kaden - six years ago. Remember that, Kristi? The blizzard? Our car dying? The French policeman? Our hubbies coming to rescue us? Good TIMES!!! Hoping this trip won't be THAT eventful, but just as fullfilling and fun!

Goodness, though. It takes a lot of work to go away! But, I think I'm ready. Laundry is caught up, meals have been made, bread is rising, a fabulous family day where love tanks were filled has taken place, schoolwork is prepped, and Daddy is confident. Kudos to Kevy - I believe this man that I married is one of THE most capable men, I know. The kids will be fed three square meals a day. They'll look presentable, and their clothes will match. The oldest two might even get a shower. There's a bonus! He knows how to cook. He does laundry. He's tidy. AND he's adventurous to boot! He's already planning a roadtrip to Cabellas all by himself with the kids. I rarely do roadtrips alone with those three! Ha!

So where am I going you ask? Well, I'd like to say that I'm going somewhere super spiritual like to a women's conference or something. Buuuut, that's not it. I AM going away with about 90-some other women though. That'll be enough women for me, I am sure. I'm used to hanging with the boys. The estrogen level will be at an all time high with less than 100, methinks - let alone 1,000 or so. That thought kind of panics me!

Anyhoo, we are roadtripping out to scrapbooking retreat where another of our childhood friend's lives. I touch my albums only once a year - and this is the time. My goal is to get Ransom up to date. I have ALWAYS said that what I do for one of my boys in that department I will do for all the others. I can usually conquer about 100 pages at one of these things; whatever doesn't get done won't get touched again for many a month. But, as long my anal mind knows that I'll get to them again in a year, I'm cool with that.

So, it'll be task-oriented. I'm recording our family's heritage! And there is an agenda, for sure. But it will be fulfilling. And there will be depth. These women love Jesus. They women are real. And I am so VERY excited for extended - HOURS! - connecting with other women. I've had a bit of a drought in that department since my Rachey left me awhile back.

Going away always messes with me, though. I so rarely do it, that I am pumped out of my tree. But I SO love my home, and its rhythm, and my men - OH my men.... I'm stoked and I'm torn. I can't wait to kick it, and I'm already missing them. I'm craving some time with a WOMAN, and I already miss my very best friend.

Sigh. The independence level has surely disappeared since I became a wife and Mommy!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Jealoussssss! (indeed, I am!) Seriously, though...enjoy your trip. I can't think of another mom more deserving! And have fun, Kev! I know he'll do great in his single-fatherhoodness. (Pretty sure I just made another new word up...)

Trish D said...

Hope you have a splendiferous time, playing with paper and soaking up some estrogen :)

I'm hoping to do a weekend just like this in February!!

Kristi said...

Awww, Ame -- of COURSE I remember that ridiculous road trip -- I miss that visit!! But, I'm so happy you get to go away with OTHER girlies!!! I hope you have the best best time -- I'm sure you will -- I understand how you feel torn -- i hope you enjoy the time away, though -- you'll be back to your 'normal' before ya know it!! let's catch up soon...we go way too long between chats. i guess that's our thing, though, isn't it?! I love ya. Have a lovely weekend.