Today

Every once in a great while (not TOO often, mind you) I absolutely LOVE a horribly, wretchedly, miserable, blustery, rainy day outside. For some reason, it just makes the inside that much more cozy. Kevy and I pulled up the shades in our room this morning - before anyone else was awake - and we opened our window just a crack, and then we snuggled in bed and watched the trees bend like crazy in the wind, and we listened to the rain pouring down outside. It was lovely. And so cozy and safe. And quiet. For just a few brief moments, anyway!

This week-end was really nice. One of our most favorite couples brought pizza over to us for lunch on Saturday, and we just spent a couple of hours visiting and being together. They just LOVED on us and the boys, and they gave so much of themselves to us. After they left I thought about how I want to be that kind of person/couple/family for other people. That visit was a gift to us!

I really have no idea who reads this blog other than about four or five of my friends, and I would never want to embarass anyone or put them on the spot. So, I will just say this about our day yesterday. Kev spoke at a missions conference this Friday night. The conference went on all weekend, so we attended that same church on Sunday. Some very VERY special people came and sat with us yesterday - people who we love deeply. And it just blessed us. It really made my whole week-end. Truly. That time was special, and it, too, was a gift.

And so now a new week begins......

Usually, at the start of a new week - especially at a rainy start to a new week - I need to give myself a pep talk and a swift kick in the pants to repeat the process of a week again. Our family day usually seems a long way off. But today, I am refueled and refreshed. Some special blessings took place this weekend. And I am reminded again of the importance of RELATIONSHIPS and of the necessity of giving of ourselves to others in unconditional love and acceptance. When Christ's blessings are lavished out on us, we are then recharged and refueled to return those gifts and lavish blessings upon others.

When we do this, then we are fulfilling the command that Peter gives us: "Keep FERVENT in your love for one another, because love covers over a multitude of sins!"

3 comments:

Shay said...

we had that some marvelous weather here today :)

ange said...

great post hun~...i have no doubt that you & Kev are exactly the kind of people who love to 'love' on others~...
..{That being said...it is nice to loved on though isn't it??..}

happy week to ya~ xo

Kristi said...

I love you from far away...i wish we lived closer...and our boys could grow up to be friends -- i miss you, and think of you often.