Well - despite the somewhat crazyness of our morning with Ransom crying more often than not, and Jesse taking a massive tumble down our entire flight of THIRTEEN stairs, the end of our day turned out to be quite nice! I declared this afternoon to be family naptime, and by the time this evening rolled around, the day was looking much brighter!

When Kev got home from work, we had a quick supper and then decorated our tree and our house for Christmas! Very fun. Here's a whack of pictures to document our evening. Jesse only broke two ornaments - I was planning for at least five - so we're golden!

Documentation. He's like a puppy.

We have just a wee little tree this year. She's super cute, and the boys did it ALL! I sat in the chair and fed Ransom the whole time! :0)

Kev put the Nativity set that his Mom gave him in the fireplace.

This is what it looks like up close. This spot also keeps little bull-in-a-china-shop-hands away from touching and holding!

Here's a few other little corners of our home:

Okay. I got this little "roaring fire" C.D. in the Target dollar aisle. People make fun of me - especially on our ginormous t.v. screen, but I tell you what - it is SO cozy! And these are my little Kaden, Jesse, & Ransom snowmen.

This is above my kitchen sink. The plant on the far right is a bog cranberry. A lady from my church gave it to me, and it is rockin'! We own some swampy land to the left of us, and in the spring, I'm going to try to plant it. We shall see......

This is just a little spot above the kid's craft cupboard.

Okay. I always forget to flip my pictures, but it's 10:00p.m., and I'm too lazy. Just turn your head sideways, and you'll get the idea! :0)

And our third child, who is often just as much work for me!

Until the "newness" wears off, she's being relegated to the basement at night, or else I just KNOW the tree will be on its side come morning.

I'll almost bet my life that it won't remain standing for 25 more days, anyway. We shall see..... Anyway. We're decorated. Let the festivities begin!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

you're so cute, ame...i love reading your blog, and catching a glimpse into your life. your home looks just sweet!! How nice to be celebrating Christmas in your own home this year!! (us too!!) Life is good!

Katie Burt said...

Oh, those broken ornaments can be superglued back together easily enough, it looks like. I can judge these things from much experience . . . :)

HA, the photo of the little kitty tail poking out from under the tree was AWESOME. Yeah, cats and Christmas trees . . . often do not mix well.

Love you Bookers!

Esther said...

ummm, Amy, don't you mean your FOURTH child??? You already have 3 kids, so the kitty would be number 4, right? : )

Life With My Joys..... said...

Ha! Ha! Esther - OH MY WORD! I didn't even catch that. Right. I have THREE children. Risso would make 4. It's the blond, over-tired brain.....