Thanksgiving

It has been a really nice holiday week-end, despite the yucky weather. We hosted Thanksgiving this year. Kind of last minute, but it was still really really fun to be able to host in MY OWN home! Kev's Mom and Bruce and Grammy came over; I also ran next door and spur of the moment invited our new neighbor who is a widower, but he was hosting a party for six, himself! Kinda cute.

The kids worked really hard on making some fun place cards


and yummy party favors. The favors were supposed to be candy turkeys, but I didn't have the right candy for the job, so we improvised. People were still able to tell that they at least semi resembled turkeys!



Then, yesterday we really spur of the moment decided to go to our most fave place - Piper Mountain and get our tree. We've got a couple of crazy weeks ahead of us - especially the week-ends - so we decided to at least get it and bring it back home. Now it's sitting in a bucket of water in our garage and ready for decorating whenever we are.

The most hilarious thing happend while we were getting our tree. It was cold and drizzly to begin with, so we kind of rushed in choosing our tree so that we could get back inside to the hot apple cider and homemade donuts. We were all standing around watching Daddy chop down the tree, and when the thing toppled over, it konked Jesse square in the head and COMPLETELY took him OUT! It was absolutely hysterical, and Kaden and I died laughing. I couldn't do anything about it, either, because I had Ransom in a Snugli and was holding an umbrella over us so that he wouldn't get wet. Jesse was SO unimpressed, and I really did feel badly, but I just had to document the whole thing. So, I got a snapshot of him crumpled on the ground and then one of him with Daddy comforting him! Priceless.

On our walk back to the barn he said: "I happy now. I cry when dat tree knock me down, but I a little bit happy now." So cute. Nothing that a yummy donut couldn't remedy!

And now today we're just chillaxing. Daddy's going for one last attempt at the big old buck, and I'm cooking up a bunch of food to use up all of our leftover turkey. Baths and a movie tonight before a full day at church tomorrow. And then we enter the next holiday season!

Happy Thanksgiving weekend, all!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Love the tree story, Amy!!! That's simply priceless!!! Glad to hear you all had a great Thanksgiving!