Out of the Blue!

All of a sudden....

in the past couple of days, Kaden has discovered that he can write a whole whack of letters AND draw REAL pictures! This may not sound overly amazing to you, but it is the absolute coolest thing in my book to watch him literally go from one day drawing scrawly lines and squiggles to the next day writing letters and drawing real pictures!!!

He was just scrawling out a "picture" like he always does, and he looked down and said: "Hey! That's looks like an 'A'!" and it was like a lightbulb turned on inside his little head and something just clicked. He suddenly realized that he could write letters ALL BY HIMSELF! And now he's exploding with letters and asking me how to spell words right and left!




And then -

he was coloring with Grammy last evening, and he watched her create her own "real" picture, and it was like watching another lightbulb go on. And now - he's drawing pictures of trees and houses and suns and alien looking people....but they're real, honest to goodness PICTURES!

LOOK!!!




Amazing.

5 comments:

Angie said...

That's so great!! Isn't it amazing! I remember when Rory all of a sudden asked to read the story herself, and continued to read the whole book! I just sat there amazed and so proud! Great job Kaden! PLEEAASEE write a note to your mom to post some pics of you yummy kids! I have never even met you and barely know what you look like! PLEASE!!!!! (ok, done begging). :)

Trish D said...

What a fun moment - and great documentation of the event :)

Shay said...

My favorite kid pics are their very first stick people drawings, so sweet! Yay Kaden! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW my little Mr. Kaden is growing up way way way too fast!

(And I know he's not really "mine" at all. I'm just getting all sentimental over this.)

Lovec you guys. :)

Anonymous said...

It is so neat to have a front row seat to their development--I've been amazed by Nat's drawings too lately--gives a little window into her mind and soul.