Frustrating!

Wow....gotta love apartment life. I just wrote a whole post, and we lost our signal here so everything got lost. Fantastic. Okaaaay, learning patience here. Anyway.....

We've had a nice weekend. It seems to have taken us a long time to find our groove here. Longer than we thought it would. Kev has always had one day off a week - for which we are all so very thankful. I know that we are blessed and that not everyone is able to have that gift. Usually on this our family day, we hightail it somewhere - anywhere - for a fun family day. But, I think we have only done this one time in the past three months. Very bad.

Anyway, we decided that yesterday we needed to get back into our rhythm, and we kicked it to our most fave coffee shop down in Camden. Kev and I love this place so much, that we don't even think twice about the hour (plus) time it takes to get there! It's a very funky and eclectic place that has awesome food and pastries, and really yummy organic coffee. We have yet to try something that we don't absolutely love - and we are coffee shop prissies! So, we went there for lunch and then walked next door to one of our favorite kid stores. This place had a train table set up for kids to play at as well as a fun little kitchen area. Jesse filled his pants while we were there, so we played until he stunk up the ENTIRE place, and then we hightailed it out of there. Good times, good times.

Yesterday I had one of my cleaning/culling urges. Kev and Kaden ran errands in the morning while Jesse and I cleaned and did laundry, and then during naps Kev and I reorganized our life that's in the attic storage. We managed to fill three trash bags and three yard sale boxes, so the clutter of my life seems lightened considerably. I hate stuff.

In other news, Jesse took a face plant off one of our waist high chairs yesterday. He took a diving, face planting leap out of his pack and play at church today. And I fell on the way to the car while holding him this morning and gave him a massive whip lash! If he makes it until two, I will be amazed!!

2 comments:

Shay said...

Glad you had some nice family time Ame. And fyi... when you are typing a post it will auto save a draft regularly enough so that if you lose your window for whatever reason, you can go back in through edit posts, and you'll see your draft still there. :) You can also hit that button yourself to be sure nothing gets lost.

Esther Littlefield said...

Hey girl - yes we are on for tomorrow! See you in the AM. Also, glad you guys finally had a family day. I think it's so great that you guys do that. Also, I need your decluttering help to get rid of all the JUNK in my house!! Ahhhh.