Tis The Season.....

for dumpster diving!

And since all of my fellow diving friends have deserted me and moved on to greener pastures, I have a new partner in crime this year.......my very own child after my own heart - Kaden Quint Booker!!!

Why just this morning, as soon as Jesse laid down for a nap, Kaden said: "Hey, Mommy! I think it's time for some dumpster diving!" Oh, how my heart melted to hear those words!

Last night we scored a whole wardrobe for Kev, and this morning we scored some beautiful wooden blocks for Kaden! Oh yeah, Baby! We also took someone's checkbook that they chucked and I'll let Kaden write pretend checks for when he plays with his cash register.....and if we get a little short of cash, I'll see if I can pass as a "Mr. Chun Bo!"

Ya gotta love this time of year! Burt's - bring your grubbies! This can be our Saturday morning activity! Just kidding - I fully realize that some people aren't as pathetic as me. Even Kev gets a little sheepish and isn't as gung ho and I would prefer him to be. I just dive right in and when people come to chuck things, I ask if they have anything good! And if Kev tries to sneak away, I'm just going to loudly yell across the entire parking lot that he belongs to ME - so don't try and deny it! Shameless! But, I know that some of you are wishing you could be here to join in the fun! :0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm as shameless as you when it comes to dumpster diving. One of my dad's friends called me the bag lady last year about this time. Last year I found a very cool old wood box that I love as a coffee table, and an old antique crib that I painted and made into a beautiful daybed, and lots of other stuff. With sick children I've had to stay home this year.:( Hope you find some more cool treasures!!
~Shannon
www.watchthesky.wordpress.com

Shay said...

I come from a family of divers, so no shame here. ;) When you come tomorrow, check out my cool new wagon that my hubs found at the curb the other night! Sah-weeeet!