For Funsies!

I'm compiling a list of everything that we've found in Jesse's mouth that is NOT food. These are things, I might add, that he happily chomps away on without making a single face. It's like he's eating a special treat of some kind. So, here goes:

* Entire dandelions - yellow head and all. It's like a mini salad!
* About a half of an inch of blue crayon. I found it in his diaper.
* This morning, Kev fished out not one but two AAA batteries! - That one was scary.
* Sidewalk chalk
* Toilet Paper - Actually, that one he didn't seem to like so much as it disintegrated in his mouth.
* Feathers
* Any kind of paper
* Any toy of Kaden's that's foamy that he can get a nice chomp out of
* Flip flops are especially nice for teething
* Dust bunnies
* And of course - rocks, sticks, leaves, and grass.

We went to a park with some friends last night, and we are convinced that they probably think we're neglectful parents. At one point Jesse was gnawing on a huge stick, and Jenn asked if I was going to do anything about it. I said: "No. That will keep him occupied from choking on all of the rocks around here!" Another time, Sam mentioned to Kev that he had a whole dandelion head in his mouth. Kev just said: "Yeah. That's the second one he's eaten. He likes them!"

Seriously, guys. It's a losing battle with this child. He's at least getting his fiber and his greens. Good roughage for the digestive track. As my Dad always say: "It'll all come out in the end!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! I can't wait to really see this child! He will love my house w/my dust dinos and cat hair and horse hair plaster! What a salad bar. I saw some pictures of him that Shan brought back he is sooooooo cute! Love ya!

Shay said...

The crayon chunk in the diaper is my favorite. Did you save it? :P My mom has a dime in my sister's baby book that I like to remind her about, hahahaa!

Steven said...

I'm so proud! He's a real Mainah!!! Remember, God made dirt, so dirt don't hurt!

Steve-O Supreme-O

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I love this boy. Dandelions are very good for you. Does he like other bitter foods?