Success!

This will be quick. No time to check typos, because as soon as they call my name, this Mama's running. Our doctor - who I love love love - just came and spoke with us. The surgery is over, Jesse is breathing on his own, and he'll be waking up shortly. Because I'm still nursing him, I'll get to go to him as soon as he wakes up.

Dr. Chang said that once he cut out all of the scar tissue and straightened the fingers, he saw that the length of skin needed was actually 150% more than what was there, so he ended up taking the graft from his groin rather than his inner arm. He put a whole bunch of little flaps of skin grafts onto two of Jesse's fingers, and he made a z shaped zig zag cut into the scarring on his ring finger to give him more mobility as his fingers grow. A whole bunch of stuff that I don't fully understand; it sounds like he made a patchwork quilt out of his fingers. But I do know this: All is well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad!
~Shannon in Canada

Angie said...

Yeah!!! So happy that everything went well! God is good. love you so much! saw from your facebook acct that you are all home now, safe and sound. makes me happy and i'm gonna sleep good tonight..you were on my mind so much today. you and your sweet baby (kev too! ;). update with how he's doing if you get a chance...love angxoxoxoxoxo

Esther Littlefield said...

Yay! Hope his recovery goes quickly and he doesn't hate his cast too much!

Love ya all.