A GREAT read!

I LOVE love this post. So encouraging. So necessary. So true. How often we as women fail to encourage each other in our seasons of life. Instead of speaking healing words that bring life and encouragement, and instead of being real and vulnerable with each other, we put on facades pretending that life is perfect, or even worse - we share "wisdom" and "encouragement" that is a far cry from the humility and grace that is truly needed in a situation and we wound and hurt each other.

It's easy - especially in the blogging world - to just show everyone the "sunny side" or your life, you know? I know that for me, it's far easier to just blog about the cute things or the Mommy stories that inflate my own ego. That's why I love this lady's blog. She's beyond all of that. She's farther down the road of mothering and "wifing" and she's left all of the pride and know-it-all-ness at the door. This is what I want to do.

Life is hard. Mothering is hard. What we need from each other is some major encouragement during this season of life. So that's what I want to give to you, my friends. As far a mothering goes: who cares who had an epidural and who had a natural birth? Who cares how long you feel like nursing your baby? Who cares if you choose to never let your baby cry.....or let them cry for awhile, for that matter? Who cares if you want to start them on fruits first instead of veggies? Who cares if you don't potty train until they're three? Seriously! What we all need from each other is a: "You are doing a fantastic job!" Or how about a: "I'm so proud of you!" Or, gasp - what about a: "Hey, I'm really strugging in this area and could use some advice from a friend who's an awesome mom."

So, my friends. That is my goal. To be real. To be genuine. To be an encouragement. "To let my gentle spirit be known before all men." (Phil. 4:5) "To with humility of mind regard [a friend] as more important than myself." (Phil. 2:3) and "to let my love abound more and more in real knowledge and in all discernment." (Phil. 1:9) I want to bear my friends burdens right along with them instead of adding to their load. I want to open my heart wide to those that I love and walk WITH them in humility and love, with empathy and compassion, with respect and encouragement.

I don't want people to think that I have it all together, because I don't. Who does? I don't want them to think that my life is ALWAYS rosy, because it isn't. Who's is? And that's okay! So, ask me anything you want, and I'll lay it right out for ya!

Seriously. Read this lady. She's good.

2 comments:

Shay said...

I get really excited when someone shows me a new blog that I really fall in love with, and I'm pretty sure that I already love your friend's. I just blogged on Mother's Day about how we should all think before we speak, and that just goes hand in hand with what she's saying. Great post Amy! :)

Anonymous said...

I loved that post, and that lady too. :)
And I'll pray for Jesse, what a big day for him, and you.
And all that big discussion thing on my blog, seems radical I know, and I would LOVE to chat about it. There's been a lot of that going on around these parts with a bunch of people. Anytime you're around drop in. :)
~Shannon
www.watchthesky.wordpress.com
p.s. I've tried leaving comments before and for some reason it just won't let me sometimes. Weird.