What's in a Name?

I'm thinking that our Jesse "Bear" would be better suited with a different name as of late. We originally coined the nickname in his early days when he was such a wreck all day every day. Although he still has an AMAZING temper AND a very strong will (whew!), he's really pretty happy most days now. He's still a tank, so the name fits in that way - AND it's cute....

However, I feel like we have a little naughty puppy on our hands these days! Seriously - this child is into everything he shouldn't be, plus he's totally slobbery - just like a little puppy! When he's rolling all over the floor, the first thing he goes for is our shoes. He muckles right on to them and starts gnawing to beat the band! And if there are no shoes to be had, he simply scoots over to the nearest cord and tries to electricute himself! And he is so WIGGLY! When we go to snuggle him, we have to use all the strength that is in us to keep him from shooting right out of our arms. Plus, whatever body part is accessible, he wants to sink his teeth into like a favorite chew toy! He's wild!

Still....I think "Jesse Bear" sounds nicer and cuter than "Jesse Dog"....... but that's what I'll be thinking whenever I look at him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha -- cute...wish I could meet this little fella...he sounds like such a character!!! I think you're right- Jesse "Bear" is much cuter than Jesse "Dog"...he probably wouldn't like that when he gets bigger...hope you guys are doing well, Ame - really - I love reading your blogs, but - then I feel somewhat caught up on your life, and the reality is...we haven't talked in MONTHS...this is so sad. Mom is on vacation, and your mom STILL calls her!!! They are dedicated, that's for sure!! ha ha. Hope to chat soon, my friend. Have a wonderful day!!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy-- he sounds like fun to babysit! ;)