Subtle He is NOT!!!

Lately Kaden has been broadcasting to anyone who cares to listen his feelings on whatever meal he is partaking of. He has started becoming a wee bit fussy these past few weeks and loudly states if something is "yucky" or if he doesn't like it. Not only is this quite rude to whomever has made said meal, but it is also quite mortifying to me! So, we've been working with him in having him at least try whatever is put on his plate and then whispering to us if he really doesn't think he can handle. He's been doing fairly well - especially over vacation when I didn't make a single one of his meals. There have been a few mishaps, but we can see that he is least trying.

Well, tonight, I made a chicken pot pie for supper, and instead of putting a pie crust on top, I just whipped up some mashed potatoes and put them on instead. Kaden's not a huge fan of things all mixed together anyway, but the potatoes really threw him for a loop when he's always been used to crust. He twiddled his thumbs through most of the meal, and then finally I had mercy on him and told him that he just had to eat a couple more bites. He'd been chugging water after each bite to wash this horrid meal down, and after I told him only a few more bites, he dubiously looked at his half gone water glass and simply said, "I hope I have enough water for that many bites!" I said, "I'm sure you have enough, Kaden." He just looked back at me and said, "I hope so, Mommy." Drama. drama.

Well, after taking three more nibbles, he held his hand up to his mouth and promptly hurled out his entire meal into his hand and all over his shirt and chair! After the initial shock wore off, he found this to be quite the cool phenomenon that had just happened! He laughed and then said VERY seriously, "Whoa. Mommy, I think I'd better be done right now."

Yup. A raving success this meal time was!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I feel like I would have had a lot of trouble not laughing or crying.

Amy, you're such an amazing mom. :)

Esther said...

I am laughing out loud. seriously. That is so funny.