Home Sweet Home

I've got to say - I really do love my teeny little abode. After living out of suitcases for almost a month, it's so nice to be back in my own little space with my own little things in my own little comfort zone. Although this is only home for a short time, I am honestly very content here. I don't think that anything I own decoration wise costs over $50, but it's mine and it's cozy. It really doesn't take much to make me happy. I love simple, natural things, not a ton of clutter, and three boys who continually trash my organization attempts. That's a good life!

Since we've gotten back, I've had so much fun organizing stuff, chucking things, finding new homes for others, and just settling back into our own little rhythm. Yesterday, we had a leisurely morning, we went out to lunch, and then we went to one of our favorite parks and just hung out as a family with Jesse in the backpack and Kaden riding his bike and playing on the playground. That's a recipe for a happy day and a happy home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to have you back!! and to glimpse into your life...I know it is always such a relief to be HOME after travelling and living out of suitcases...makes you appreciate your home a little more...and always fun to purge things after Christmas, too -- something I have yet to do...some of our Christmas gifts are still sitting in a basket we got for Christmas...Jason was a sweetheart and put the Christmas decorations away last week, though -- working full time and being tired and pregnant...not a good combination for getting everything done at home that I want to...I cannot WAIT to be a mom and to just be HOME!! I am trying to prepare myself that it will not necessarily be EASY all the time, but I am soo looking forward to being HOME full-time...at least for awhile. It is my plan to stay home, but...I have also learned over the years to not commit myself to a "plan", knowing that I never REALLY have a clue what's around the corner, but...that's the plan right now. I have 3 more months to go, give or take...my due date is 3 months from yesterday: April 13...I still cannot believe it -- I am so excited!! Rather than writing a huge long comment, I will try to give you a call sometime...I miss ya, Ame -- glad you had a nice time in Maine - and glad you're back home and happy!!! Let's talk soon, friend...Love ya!

Anonymous said...

So glad it went smoothly! I had such a nice visit with you and your little men. Natalie will occasionally mention one of you throughout the day. :)