Weekends!

Our little family LOVES the weekend. We LIVE for it! Ever since Kev and I were first married, we have always had a "holy day." A day that is all our own with no real agenda except to spend quality time together as a family. Throughout the years, this day continues to look a little different, but we still try to keep it sacred nonetheless.

With the arrival of Jesse, we really try to have NO expectations, but the older he gets the more we are finding we are able to do. It really doesn't take much to make any of us happy. We love to go for adventures, we love to be outside, we love a good cup of coffee, a nice park, or even a store now and then can be fun.

This weekend was a bit chilly, so we didn't do much outside. But all in all, we just had a really nice, relaxing couple of days that were slow and lazy. Jesse is big enough to sit in highchairs at restaurants now and carts at stores, so he enjoys these trips much more than he ever used to. He's actually become quite the happy little camper most of the time!

He received quite a few "compliments" this week-end in our travels. Here are a few: "Wow! You can tell he's a Maine baby - he's as heavy as a moose!" Or, how about: "What a chubby baby! He could stand to go without a couple of meals!" Hmmmm. Oh, and then there was: "His arms remind me of little sausages!" That's our boy!

Anyway, here is a rundown of this particular weekend which may seem boring to some but was very nice for us. We went out to a fun supper on Friday night. The boys were great and Kev and I even got some good conversation in. On Saturday, we just hung around home in the morning and had a leisurely family breakfast and let Jesse have his first nap in his crib before hitting the road. Kaden and I did a little craft together while Jesse slept, which I must confess was an absolute bomb, but we had some quality time which he loves nonetheless.

When Jesse woke up, we ran a few errands and then came home to let the boys get their afternoon naps. Kev and I just puttered - something I love to do - while they slept. I also ran down the road and checked out my favorite little antiquey store. And then we went to a basketball game over at the school when the boys woke up. Jesse was mesmerized by all of the chaos! While Kaden quietly sucked his thumb and took it all in, Jesse's little bald head never stopped moving while he grunted and yelled at all of the action taking place!

Today we had a good day at church - even though there was no heat and we froze half to death. This afternoon was lazy and relaxing. Kev has been making some homemade beef jerky in his new smoker, I cleaned and reorganized things a little, and the boys have just had fun playing with toys and destroying all that I've cleaned! Good times!

Fun, food, fellowship, and also a few things checked off my to-do list! A great weekend!

P.S. Quick Jesse update - He is THIS close to crawling! Life as I know it is soon to change FOREVER.........Oh my!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think this is boring at all. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me too! I laughed about Jesse's reaction to the game!

Anonymous said...

I was also just remembering that Natalie's limbs were compared to sausages as well :)

Anonymous said...

Always nice to read about your life, 'cause heaven forbid we actually TALK...oh my word...anyways..sounds like a great weekend to me, too -- we love just being together, and are so excited to add another member to our family...only a few more months...time if flying!! Wish we could see you guys...and see recent pic's of your kiddos...we have your Christmas photo on our fridge - miss you guys...hope all is well and you're staying warm!!