Random Things

Things I feel grumpy about today:

1. It's freezing outside, and I'm desperate for a walk. We are ALL stir crazy.
2. After MANY nights of staying dry, Kaden peed an ocean in his bed last night.
3. After finally getting our rhythm back from being in Maine, Jesse decided to cry for 1 1/2 hours last night.
4. Jesse is becoming very chatty, which is adorable on the one hand, but it is giving me a major headache on the other. He is SO loud and it's NON-STOP!
5. Kaden decided he didn't feel like napping today.
6. How in the world do I have three loads of laundry to do today, when I was completely caught up yesterday? Oh right.....Kaden's ocean. It's only 3 loads, but still.......
7. I need to exercise. I'm feeling spungy.
8. Sleep. Blessed rest. Where have you gone, my friend?


Things that I feel happy about today:

1. Jesse is officially crawling and is so proud of himself. It's adorable.
2. Kaden is such a big help to me while I babysit my friend's kids. He is very thoughtful.
3. Jesse's adoration for Kaden is precious, and Kaden's love in return is so nice to see.
4. Jesse "painted" for the first time! I put him in his johnny jump up, put a piece of paper on the ground underneath him, painted his toes, and let him go to town! Voila! A masterpiece!
5. My sweet, perceptive husband. He saw my exhaustion this morning and promptly: rubbed my back, made the beds, made us all breakfast, and offered to take us out to supper!
6. I talked with my little brother - home from his honeymoon. And he is SO happy. It's quite adorable. He's a puddle.
7. My dear friend Rachey is planning on flying out to see me! I wicked miss her.
8. My apartment. I love it - I really do. That seems so funny to me, but I'm content here.
9. My boys and their antics. It's crazy, loud, and messy, but I love it.
10. Coffee. I learned to make it myself. And I do. Multiple times a day.
11. My time with the Lord. I'm learning to give him the firstfruits of my alone time, and He's blessing it. He is faithful and He is gracious.
12. My life in general. It's good, it's simple, and I love it.

Yup. More to be happy about than grumpy.
I still would pay a lot of money for a really long nap........

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Sorry you're tired. I could feel guilty that I had a nap today, first time in maybe 6 months. It was nice. But I have to do 3 loads of laundry pretty much every day and I don't have any bed wetters. I can't imagine not having laundry to do for a day. :)And like you, I wouldn't change it, life is good.

Anonymous said...

Nice post - I always love your posts - gives me some insight into your life (why haven't we actually TALKED, again?!)...anyways...we all have "those days"...and I'm sure it is very tiring having two little boys running around...but, I know you love it too -- wish you could have a nap...I am dreading what life without a washer and dryer in my home will be like once I have a kid...we'll need a second car just so I can keep up with laundry!! ai yai yai...anyways...hope you got some rest lastnight...good that you have a good and thoughtful hubbie who looks after you when you need him to...and, I'm so happy about Aaron - can you believe your baby brother is married?! My word...

Anyways...friend, Hope to actually talk to you soon...I love ya.

Anonymous said...

I did read your comment on Angie's blog...and part of the reason I am "good at leaving comments", is that I have a job where I have a LOT of spare time on my hands, and...it makes me feel connected to the outside world...you know if you get a xanga account you can leave comments on mine...and actually READ my blog...its not that hard, Ame...(we've had this conversation before, haven't we?!)... ha ha...have a great day, my friend.

CurtisYolandaEliNate said...

Yes I agree whole heartedly! wow do I! :] With Nate a month old and Elijah a year and a half life is crazy in our home too! I think there is a volcanic black hole into the laundry room! Did Kaden act out at all after Jesse arrived home? Elijah has been having lots of tantrums: jeaulous. It has been ages since we've seen you! Ct is cold but no snow like back home! There is a book Elijah has with a cd, Dog Train is the title, it has a song on it called I need a Nap.. it is I believe the anthem for all moms of young children! :] I feel asleep last night sitting up in bed, Nate still in nursing position and my glasses on.. lol! Ah the joys do out way the valleys though don't they!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ames, I so loved catching up on your posts today, and this one was a good reminder to give God the firstfruits of Nat's naptime. As soon as I read it and felt the Holy Spirit's nudge (er, shove) I stopped and grabbed my Bible and Beth Moore study. A good time with the Lord. I had really needed to fill up this jar of clay. I love you!