Weekends!

Hard to believe another whole week has gone by since my last "weekends" post. It is seriously crazy how fast time flies! Every Saturday but one during the month of February, Kev will have an all day Saturday class, so this week-end we decided to do a family day trip knowing that we won't be able to get away for awhile.

Well, first of all, on Friday night Kev and I went on a date while some very sweet friends offered to watch our boys. (See previous post). :0) We went to one of our favorite restaurants - Macaroni Grill, and then to a movie. We were trying to decide if we wanted to just get a coffee and walk around one of the nearby parks after supper, but it was so cold, that we wimped out and went to the theater instead! It was really nice to have some quality, uninterrupted time together - just the two of us.

On Saturday, as soon as we all woke up, we threw the boys in the car and drove one and a half hours away to one of my favorite places - Lancaster, PA! I LOVE it out there. It totally and completely soothes me. We went to a place called Shady Maple where they are known for their amazingly massive all you can eat smorgasboards! This is where we ate breakfast, and let me tell you - was it ever delish! After waddling out of there, we just kind of poked around the little shops and different areas out there checking out the farms and watching the horse drawn buggies. And then we came home in time for the kids' afternoon naps.

We had a really relaxing afternoon, made supper together, and just played with the boys until bedtime. Sundays are always pretty tiring as we leave at 7:30 and don't get home until after 2:00, so yesterday afternoon and evening we just vegged and played. After church today, the boys took decent naps. Kev did a little homework, I did a little organizing and rearranging, we drank a little coffee, played a little k'nex and train, and now the boys are p.j'd up and ready to hit the hay all over again! It's been a good week-end. We're refueled, refreshed, and ready for another week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, friend...Just read your last two posts...I have much to say about your previous post, too - getting ready to have our first kid, I am so nervous sometimes about all the adjustments, and what that will all mean in our marriage, our relationships with others, our parenting..etc, etc...I know of way too many people as well, who are either just existing, or throwing in the towel on their marriages...and I REFUSE to be one of them, knowing how easily it can happen, if the effort is not made in cultivating a healthy relationship. I have, however, seen couples who have appeared to keep balanced, and still have a healthy marriage, even after many years...these people are huge examples to me - and...with accountability, and huge effort...WE CAN SUCCEED!!!!...This is always such a huge burden I feel for, not only myself, but...just the world in general: to have healthy, godly marriages...I'm so sad they seem to be so rare these days...but encouraged, too, that it is still such a priority for some...So - I am delighted you two got to spend some quality time together, Amy - its good to have friends around who can help you out with baby-sitting...you know I would do that if we lived closer...Unforunately, though...its only a thought right now.

Okay - WE MUST TALK SOON!!! I talked to Angie, and she had just been talking to you - we NEED to talk soon, too -- this week?! I guess I still find it hard, 'cause I'm working every day, but -- I will try to call you...I miss chatting with you.

Hope you have a wonderful day with your boys...and hope to talk soon, old friend. I love ya.

Anonymous said...

shady maple!!!! perhaps the best place to eat breakfeast ever! did you meet the egg lady? she definitely makes the best eggs. glad to hear you guys had such a good time, lancaster is a pretty cool place. i like it a lot.