An Ode To Coffee.

Today is new.
It's fresh and bold -
Just like this coffee
I behold.

It's 8:00
- Still in my jammies.
Yesterday,
A double whammy.

Of babysitting ---
Waittressing...
A crazy day -
I went full steam!

So, now I sit
A little bleary.
Coffee makes me
Not so weary.

Srong and rich -
It's so delish.
And nicely pairs
With any dish.

My three small hoolies
Also love -
This angel drink
Gift from above.

This makes me happy.
I don't mind.
There are alterior
Plans behind

Me letting them
Steal sips each day.
'Cause one day
When I'm old and grey...

They'll come back home
And visit me.
"The coffee's on?"
"Oh! There it be!"

They'll sit and sip
And stay awhile.
And memories -
Will make me smile

Of three small boys
Way back in time...
Sharing from
This cup of mine.

4 comments:

Shannie said...

AMes, you have your mummy's gift! xoxo

Sarah said...

Wow ... I love this, Amy! You ARE gifted ... and bless you for bringing back memories of my childhood when my Dad would let me take sips of his sugar-laden coffee! Wonderful memories of a Dad who has since gone to heaven ... wonder if there's coffee there?

Angelica said...

OH>>HALLELUJAH..every word..

Me thinks I'm gonna start letting my ladies indulge in my own fantasbulously brewed cups of glory~..

You're a smart schemer. I like you.

Glad you get a day to catch your breath!

Kate said...

This is beautiful. And I'm glad you use TH coffee. ;)