Little Loves...

It's the week-end again. Hallelujah!

And so, once again, here's to looking back over this past week and picking out ten of my top favorite things. In no particular order, and by no means exhaustive, here are ten of my little loves...

1. A Sweet little package from one of my dearest friends who now lives far far away. Her sweet treasures and lovely letter made her feel just a little bit closer in my heart.

2. This sweet wooden box to the right - another rockin' Transfer Station find. It's old and ratty - just the way I like it - and it nicely holds our increasing supply of boots and shoes. Another fave of this week was taking my friend with her little girls out to experience the Transfer Station for themselves. I can hear the dinner conversations around their table now:

Shawn: Hey Honey! How was your day? It's been awhile since you and Amy got together. What did you guys do?
Rachael: Oh, we solved all the world's problems...and we went to the dump....

3. Stumbling upon two little brothers snuggling together of their own accord. Melt my heart.

4. The view of my kitchen window from our driveway.

5. Monday afternoon coffee dates with Lew. He saunters over, I make coffee, he teases me about how bold it is, I force treats down his throat, we talk about planting season, and we make plans for him to teach Kev and I how to play Cribbage.

6. Thrift store book buys. Holy Hannah. How I love thrift store books. Especially the one that's near Cabella's. When we go on Family Day trips, we have a new deal. Kev suffers through GoodWill for me, and I go to Cabella's for him. It's a great deal. The books - they call to me....

7. Watching ALL of my boys at Cabellas. They are so happy, and they are so cute. And yesterday, I talked to my long lost friend on the phone the entire time that we were there. Bonus for me!

8. Big Daddies snuggling with their little boys. Hot. Hot. Hot.

9. The snow storm that we had this week. Although I am not a fan of snow, I especially love snuggling down inside during the whirling, swirling storm. I also love my hornets nest. It makes me think of my little bro every time I'm at my kitchen sink. Which is a lot.

10. Supper at Grampy and Grammy's house. Yummy food. Cozy company. And three little grandbabies who are made to feel so loved and safe. Delicious.

So, there you have it.
Some of this week's faves.
What did you love about this past week?

3 comments:

shandbrosia.blogspot.com said...

I love this top ten thing you're doing. What a good idea.

Rachael said...

Love it all! Oh, and I think Shawn just may wanna venture out to your dump sometime. Just HOW MANY can your little car hold? Perhaps he can sit in Rancey's car seat this time.... :-) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our footloose and fancy free play dates!

rachael a said...

id like to order three snowmen please. snowmen ME, Kurt, Sam and henry :)
will pay extra for snowman chicken... if possible.