Monday Love.

Hello, Monday.
You get a bad wrap.
However, I for one, am quite in love with you.
In fact, next to Family Day, you are my second most favorite day of the week.

A fresh start. New beginnings.
A day to pick up the pieces from the chaos of the weekend.

And I am increasingly reminded of the fleetingness of the season of life that I am in right now - at this very moment. For this brief stint of time - maybe even only for the remainder of this school year, who knows? - my life is simple. Right now, my family is together at the table for almost every single breakfast and supper. Right now, Kevin and I dictate the schedule of our family's life. Right now, Daddy and Mama know every single friend in our boy's lives, and we are their main sphere of influence. We are their world, right now. And that's good. But, I am fully aware that this is going to change in the very near future. Their horizons will be broadened, they'll be involved in more things, they'll start spreading their wings a little more, and their worlds will grow larger.

And that will be good, too...

But for today, I'm just thankful for a quiet day at home with my boys where we will live the simple life...
~ P.j.'s just might be the wardrobe of choice...for all of us.
~ School and snacks at the kitchen table while the rest of the world whizzes by outside our window.
~ Catching our breath from the crazyness of the week before...before the crazyness of this week starts.
~ And breathing deep.

And while I don't love every single moment of every single day...
(For a fantastically honest and uplifting post about this whole topic, go here...)

Today is fresh. It's new. And it's just us.
That's why I like Mondays.
* * * * *
2302. Oatmeal breakfasts as a family.
2303. Crazy, rockin' bedhead.
2304. Hot dates on the town with my Love.
2305. Clean bill of health for my boys.
2306. Afternoon coffee dates with Lew.
2307. Laundry all caught up...for now.
2308. Crusty snow for flying sled rides.
2309. New week. Fresh start.
2310. Dreams of summer.

2 comments:

Angelica said...

girl..your words..are like coffee to me.

That's the highest compliment ever.ox

rachael a said...

That is some rocking bed head :)
I love it!