I Feel...

These days are filled with chaos -
My three small boys are wild!
It's times like these - I can't forsee
Another baby child.

The mess - I can't contain it!
The floors are never clean.
Those random socks - all missy-matched?
Their mate remains unseen.

These boys are always hungry.
The groceries always gone.
The looney bin - the funny farm?
I feel it won't be long!

This Mama - she is so dang tired!
I need a nap or three.
But, then I hear a sweet - "Mama?"
"Will you please come watch me?"

"Come watch me swing? Or read a book?
Will you come play with me?"
They see me - frail; I am a mess ---
Yet they love - full and free.

They're wild, messy, crazy loud -
My three small ones - ALL boy.
But I'm content - my heart is full.
I see the sacred joy.

The looney bin - the three day nap.
Some day - that will be great...
That time's not now - those naps...not yet.
For me, they'll have to wait.

Right now, it's chaos - filthy floors,
much mess, and TONS of food.
It's true - I might go batty soon....
But it's also very good!

Dedicated to my three small hoolies who just today ~
::Got stuck in a tree
::Got trapped under the porch
::Drank all of my coffee
::And tracked dirt all over my just swept floors.

And to my husband who has told me to take the rest of the day off....
Until tomorrow then!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Love this one ame. Love to hear that you get tired and struggle with the content mess and the pace that just doesn't stop. Been realizing lately how important it is for me to share my struggles on this journey, openly and rawly, no pretty sugar coating. Just as important as sharing how I am attempting to see it as a holy job. Finding that my women need to hear both sides, equally. Maybe we can chat today? Would love that! I am a little up in the air on my day, due to hubby and one car and his schedule up in the air, but if I am home, I will call! Miss you. Love reading about your sweet life...the good, the bad and the raw. Xoxoxo

Kevin said...

You are the best, my love...the best! I love you, Kev

rachael a said...

i recently read. .

"there is nothing that compares to the experience of family LOVE"

isn't that greatness. ;)

today i wished i could have taken a picture of ransom laying on the floor in the sunshine playing with his big train. it was so cute. i can see it in my head. :)