Thus Endeth Summer


Sigh.

How I DO love Fall....everything about it, really. But, it's what comes after that's not so much my fave. I hate the cold, and I despise snow. I know - I'm a full-fledged hypocritical Mainer. But, it is what it is. Yucko. So I'm trying to savor. Please stay for awhile, sweet Autumn. Don't fail me now. Stay sunny. Stay bright. Stay crisp and happy.




We had a good run.

So, we won't look back. Instead we shall look forward to apples and pumpkins, and crisp leaves to rake and jump in, warm soups and apple pies, hoodies and cozy shoes, fires in the fireplace, 3 hooligans trapped inside when it gets too cold to be out - oh wait, we won't thing about that yet, tromps in the crispy woods, perhaps a deer to slay, and all manners of glorious foliage that our beautiful State provides for us. And after experiencing these beauties, I shall try to forgive this blessed State for the harshness that it will be about to lay at my doorstep in the form of boatloads of snow and frigidity......

1 comment:

Trish D said...

Hey there, girlie! I know I haven't popped over to say hello in awhile. LOVE seeing all the lovely pics and am trying really hard not to be jealous - and if you need a break from all the snow, feel free to come on down to S. Texas (free room & board!! :)