Bountiful Blessings


Just LOOK at what God grew in our little garden this year. We are ALL astounded and amazed every time we walk down to our plot. For my boys to watch this stuff start from a little seed and expand to this bountiful harvest is the absolute coolest thing in the world to watch!


On the agenda for this week to make:

~ salsa
~ canned tomatoes
~ spaghetti sauce
~ hotdog and hamburger relish
~ zucchini relish

....and possibly some apples to be picked and made into applesauce.

I'm noticing a trend in my life - a somewhat OCD pattern, you might say. I get a "thing" that I'm kind of into....and I tend to go crazy with it until I get it out of my system. Last year, during the height of my nesting time and readiness to have Ransom, I got into a jam making "thing." Instead of having all sorts of nice meals in the freezer for the weeks after his birth, instead I had about 100 jars of jam! No meals to speak of.....but plenty of jam should they be starving!

This year, my "thing" has become canning. I want to can and pickle everything that I can get my hands on. I am loving everything about it....except for my dilly beans and my dill pickles that I totally botched last night. No big deal. I'm having a blast learning as I go.

I think I was made to be a farmer and work with my hands. Next year I want my garden bigger, and I want a cow, and I want a goat to eat my poison ivy, and I want meat birds, and another turkey, and a kajillion canning jars for my birthday, and maybe another baby to spice things up........

I'll let you know what Hubby has to say about all of my "wants!"
(I'm pretty sure it'll be a bunch of big fat no's.........one can only push so far!)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm happy for you -- really i am....that you are getting so much STUFF from your garden. i was thinking this morning, if i posted a picture of all the veggies I'VE harvested...it would amount to a couple small onions, and NOT MUCH ELSE...i'm sad about that. but happy for you. i will try again next year.

have fun canning!! so much fun!! I think i do the same thing as you; get into something and go a little crazy, then i don't touch it again for a year -- or ever! Jam has definetely been my thing this summmer...i love love love jam!!! anyways...i'll chat with you soon instead of writing a novel on your blog. love ya.

Life With My Joys..... said...

Oh Kristi! I can take absolutely NO credit. My little old neighbor planted the entire garden right alongside me. He's the genius. Him and all of my chickies poo, probably! :0)

I love you! We had SO much fun with you guys. So happy you found your computer. And SO sorry about the spider in your star......Mom told me. Uuuuugh! He was in your car THE WHOLE DRIVE HOME!!!!!