In Other News.....

Somehow, we are once again infected with the plague over here. Well, really just another nasty, snotty, coughing, sneezing cold, but it feels like the plague when two of my three littles are under the weather. And it literally just came upon us in an instant. So quickly in fact, that Kev and I thought Jesse must have had an allergic reaction to something. We were driving home from Sunday morning church and one minute he was fine, and the next we wondered if he was hacking up a lung!

Last night was joyous - up multiple times to wipe noses, soothe tears, administer medicine, soothe the oldest who kept getting woke up by his brother's hacking, setting up the vaporizer, refilling it in the middle of the night, wiping more tears, wash, rinse, repeat.

I'm on my second pot of coffee and it's not even 8:00a.m. yet.

Methinks p.j.'s, Planet Earth, many stories, fresh squeezed orange juice, naps for ALL, and no other agenda for the day will get us through. I don't mind. It's nice to be able to check out of life for a bit, and not have to be anywhere or do anything except BE with the boys.

Here's to a third pot 'o joe.......

2 comments:

Angie said...

hey ame...that rots that 2 of your boys are sick. it's so exhausting when 'the majority' gets sick. hang in there! this too shall pass! a trick I use, especially when my kids are coughing and stuffed up..i LATHER their feet with Vicks and then put socks on them, right as they go to bed. and it works like a charm, almost every single time! Hope you get some much needed rest today and tonight! Let me know if you try my trick and if it works! I'll pray it does! xoxooxxooxoxoxoxo Wish I was there to have a coffee with you and lend a hand!!

Katie B. said...

Hey you . . . I ran into your husband today, quite by accident! It was great to see him! Hope that things are going well while he's down here . . . and that the boys are feeling better!

Love you!