One of THOSE days....

Today has not gone as planned.

This was the big day that Jesse was going to get his super cool remote controlled car for being completely potty trained. It's been sitting up on the window sill in the bathroom for weeks, and he's been waiting.....

Well, today I had to go into work, and Kev is super busy, so I thought this would work out great. Whip out the prize before I leave and then the boys would be completely occupied for HOURS while Mommy was off to work, and then Daddy could get done what he needs to do, as well.

Hmn. Not so much.

Right before I leave, we discover that the car is a dud. Doesn't work at all, and Jesse is completely devastated. Awesome. Then, I get a call while I'm AT work and Kevy tells me that the boys were downstairs playing in the basement....you know, since the car wasn't working at all.....and they decided to give every single one of their stuffed animals "baths" in the basement where it has flooded. THEN, they proceeded to bring each and every soaking wet with muddy basement water stuffed animal up into my (freshly scrubbed because company is coming) living room to let them have their naps.

Awesome.

Good thing it's just my little bro coming to dinner.
Welcome to my life, Aaron......

No comments: