Feeling Thankful

We just got news today of a little two year old boy who fell down a flight of stairs and passed away. It totally blew me away when I heard this. My heart aches for the mother of that little boy. Falling down stairs is a very common occurance in our home - an often daily happening around here. It was probably a crazy, freak accident, but it just really reminded me of how much I take EVERYTHING for granted around here! We really have no idea when we will breathe our last breath. And I forget the fact that God tells us in His Word that He has His guardian angels watching over us. I wonder how often they have delivered my family from some sort of serious peril? It scares me to think about how often one of my kids could have gotten seriously hurt or injured in these past six years. And really, other than Jesse burning his hands as a baby, we have come out completely unscatched other than a handful of bumps and bruises. How thankful I am for the health and safety of my little family.

Psalm 91:11 ~ "For He will give His angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways....."

Thank you, Jesus....

1 comment:

Esther said...

What a sad thing to hear! But yes, it is another reminder of all that we have to be thankful for!