Tidbits....

WELL, I am kicking it for the weekend with a couple of friends to go scrap-a-di-doo-dah-ing SANS KIDLETS!!! Holy heavens - I am quite excited. I have never left one of my babies for this long at this age, but Ransom is in great hands with Daddy-O, and he takes a bottle just fine. I go once a year to one of these little retreats, and whatever scrapbooking gets done during those three days is what gets done in my year. I have not touched a picture since this time last year. So, I'm excited to put Ransom on the map! I have always said that I will do for all of my kids what I did for my first....each successive child will have just as many pages in his album as my first baby, so this weekend will be the attempt to keep my word to Rancey-Pants.

Although, I have ALL boys, and I'm quite sure that NONE of them will give a flying flip about scrapbooks that their Mommy made when they're older, but this at least appeases my conscience of any guilt.....in this area of their lives at least.

In other news, I am leaving Ransom with a horrible bum rash....not sure what's going on there, Jesse with poison ivy all over one side of his face....still not sure where he got it....we think it's maybe where we're building a tree fort. AWESOME. And Kaden with a bit of a cold. Good times. But Kevy is a rockin good sport about these things, so I am off like a flash!

One other really really cool thing that happened during the week - and this should really be a separate post of its own - is that Kaden accepted Christ as His Savior on Wednesday night. It was so special, and I want to remember the details forever.

We had been to some friends' house for supper and over the course of our dinner conversation my friend told us of a mutual acquaintance that we both knew who had suddenly passed away. Comments like: "He was so young," and "What a shock," and "We're so surprised," were thrown around while we were talking about him. Unbeknownst to us, Kaden was taking all of this in and processing it in his little mind. And after tucking him in for the night and praying with him, he came out of his room, tears streaming down his face, telling us that he's been thinking about when Mommy and Daddy are going to die.

In that moment, I knew that this was going to be the time that he accepted the Lord into his life. We talk about it all the time, he's memorized verses and told his AWANA leaders "how to get to Heaven," and it's been drilled into him each week in Sunday school, so we've known that he KNEW the truth. We have just never wanted to push the issue or force him to "pray the prayer" - we've wanted him to really understand and to maybe even initiate with us when he knew and when he was ready.

So, anyway...it was just a really sweet and tender time. Very special. In typical Kaden fashion, he was quiet and subdued, but we both feel that it was genuine and that he fully understood. It's been neat to see him continue to process through in conversations that have followed since then. And it's been so cool to see him starting to make his faith his own. What a privilege to guide these little hearts. What a responsibility!

May the Lord always find us faithful.......

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh, Amy....what wonderful news!!! Such a sweet boy you have there...so soft and tenderhearted. He so totally needs to marry one of my girls in 15 years...give or take a few....
And good luck this weekend, Kev! I'm impressed!!!

Lys said...

OH MY WORD THAT IS SO WONDERFUL! Tears..but not too many b/c I'm at work. Love you!