A P.J. Day

Quite often in the Booker household, we have a p.j. day where we just hunker down and the kids stay in their pajamas all day long. Kaden would live in his p.j.'s if I let him, so he always gets quite excited when I announce that no other clothes will need to be worn for the rest of the day!

Today was one of those days. Jesse has had a yucky cold for about a week, so we didn't go out and about or have any friends with wee ones over. I always feel bad if my kids are the cause of another's sickness, so we gave up all plans for the day. It actually turned out to be quite cozy. Grampy and Grammy came over for an impromptu lunch - unafraid of colds - and had a few hours of fun playtime with the boys checking out all of their new Christmas prizes. This broke up the day very nicely and helped me not to go too stir crazy, as well.

They are running rather wild now, chasing each other all over the place. Jesse is in his boots over his p.j.s - per his request, and we're just counting down the minutes until Daddy gets home. This is his long day, so it is tradition for the boys and I to just have cereal for supper on these nights. A meal we all think is quite fun (and oh so easy for Mommy!) And then when Daddy gets home, the lights are going to be OUT, and we are all going to be hiding in the bathtub....waiting for a kickin' game of Hide and Seek!

Let the games begin, Daddy! You're going down!

Until we get a phone call from the Lobby telling us to keep it down........

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey there,
This no conversation finishing time with mommies and kiddos that you mentioned sounds wonderful to me. Ella's three weeks and I'm now in a place where I'm wanting to get out and about. When does said time take place?