Baking! Baking! Baking!

Yesterday, the boys and I spent ALL day in the kitchen baking and cooking and decorating.....and it was SO MUCH FUN! Surprisingly!

I was gearing myself up for some large amounts of stress and mess and gritting my teeth while flour and sugar flew everywhere. But, it was actually pretty awesome, and the three of us had a ball!

The kids each pulled a chair up to the bar, I gave them both a wooden spoon for stirring, they each got their own cookie and little dish of frosting with a knife, and we baked and frosted for hours!

We had such a special time and so many cool conversations. I told Kaden that we would be able to eat a few of these treats but most of them would be going as gifts to others. He said: "I love sharing things, Mommy! I love giving presents to people!" We talked about the reason behind giving gifts to people at this time of year - because God gave us the greatest gift of us in sending us His Son, Jesus. And Kaden said: "Yeah. And he gave us an even bigger gift when he died on the cross for us, too. Right?"

It was just such a cool time. And I almost didn't do it. I had planned to do all of the "messy" stuff during their naps to avoid getting my kitchen all sticky and yuck. Had I stuck with my original plan in being more worried about my floors and the potential mess, I would have missed out on some awesome moments with my boys and some really cool Christmas memories.

I'm learning.

3 comments:

rachael a said...

awww. . im happy for you sweets. i wish sammo would LET me do stuff like this too. . not quite there i guess. :) but i close my eyes and imagine the three of you and it's very cute and fun. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Your oldest boy makes me cry sometimes.

XOXO

Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Awww, that's awesome, Ame...you have some pretty great little boys there...I love Kaden's dear little heart...how special for you guys to have these times...that's awesome...