All Hail the Chief!

As of this weekend, Kev has been affectionately dubbed "Master Pastor!" I must admit - it is not his most favorite of pet names that I have given him, but it does roll off the tongue quite smoothly!

We had a glorious weekend reconnecting with Philly friends and attending all sorts of banquets and awards ceremonies. Graduation was on Saturday, and then we visited our church family for the day on Sunday. Kevy was asked to speak at a banquet, he won an award, and he graduated with Honors and three degrees - so we are all very proud of him! It was really a pretty special closure to the end of our three years in Pennsylvania. Amidst two part-time jobs and almost every semester him taking extra classes on top of the normal load, our family never once suffered or got put on the back burner. Somehow, (by God's grace, I know) he always managed to keep us priority while also getting our bills paid and papers turned in on time! Pretty awesome.

And now, what should be the final day of our adventure - an eleven hour road trip home to my JESSE (who I am CRAVING!!!!!).....we are finding ourselves camped out at a Holiday Inn in Connecticut after five hours of driving and Kev coming down with a sudden onslaught of the flu. Luckily we had a trash bag close by, and I was taking a turn at the wheel when El Nino rushed forth from the depths! I'd like to hope that he just ate something bad, but I'm pretty certain that he has the good old fashioned flu with body aches and all. Poor so so sick Hubby.

Soooo, while he sleeps and takes hot baths and gets drugged out with flu meds, Kaden and I are doing our best to suffer for the cause. We had a little date in the restaurant downstairs, we hit a couple of shops, we're playing games and reading stories, and after our naps we're going for a dip in the pool! Rough, it's oh so rough......but what is one to do?!

1 comment:

Life With My Joys..... said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You deserve it!! Why aren't more people commenting on this grand achievement!!!

(Oh, did I say that out loud???)

Why can't you congratulate yourself?
I just did!
Kevin (You go big man!)