Here's an El-Briefo Update-O because Mr. Scream-O feels like not sleeping.....Praises.
Okay. So - as of this September we will most likely be making one of two choices. Door #1 is this: Our church out here has made us an offer for a one year contract for Kev to stay on staff as worship leader and also do some leadership development with the men in the church. Kev could also use this year to jump start raising support for the leadership development ministry of Clarion Consulting and help the church transition into finding and working with a worship leader that will take his place when he leaves.
This is a really nice option, and a really nice offer that our church has made us. There are just a couple of things that are a bit unsettling for us. The first being that although the ministry of Clarion is something that has been life changing for Kev and is something that he fully wants to utilize in whatever ministry/work he does, both of us are unsure about jumping in "whole hog" and raising support etc. for this to be the "main" thing that we do. Just not sure if that is right for us right now. And the second thing is that we do not want to move from where we are at for only one more year, but in order to stay in the married student housing here at PBU, one of us has to be a full-time student or staff member. Soooo, if we do opt to stay, I will be going back to school. I am already accepted and registered for grad school and would start at the beginning of September.
We've both been praying pretty heavily about this "Door #1." Although getting my Master's Degree is one of my life goals, and knowing that a Counseling degree would wed well with Kev's ministry and passions, neither of us are sure if this is the time for that right now. On the one hand, life won't be getting any slower in the near future; nor will it ever be any easier than living right on a college campus. But, for some reason, neither of us have complete peace yet, so we are waiting. And resting. All of our ducks are in a row just waiting for the go-ahead which we have not received yet.
Door #2 is this: just three weeks ago, Kev put out his resume to a church in Maine for the position of "Pastor of Family Ministries" and Worship Leader. The job description has some great opportunities for Kev to be able to use his gifts and passions, conversations have gone great with the Pastor and Board of Elders, and so we are moving forward in this avenue, as well. We will be spending three days with this church - meeting with the various ministry teams etc., and Kev will also be preaching, leading worship, and leading a question and answer time during our stay. This is exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. We are praying that the Lord will show us clearly what His will is for us. If we do this, we want it to be a good "fit" for us, but also for them, as well.
So, we shall see. We are praying, we are seeking, we are waiting, and we are trying to REST! We are praying that:
Psalm 138:8 - "The LORD will accomplish what concerns [us]!"
Psalm 143:8 - "Let [us] hear Your lovingkindness in the morning; for [we] trust in You; Teach [us] the way in which [we] should walk; For to You [we] lift up [our] soul."
Ephesians 1:17 - "that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give [us] a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him! We pray that the eyes of [our] heart may be enlgihtened, so that [we] will know what is the hope of His calling."
Sooooo - as of the beginning of September, we'll either be making the big move OR I'll be going back to school! I'll keep you posted! Crazy times. Crazy times indeed. My Mantra: "Be still and know that I am God." "Be still. Be still. Be still."