Sweet Success......Finally!

At least that's what I call it.

Kev calls it further humiliation. He went out yesterday to take down his deerstand before we head up north. He planned to hunt a little bit more - a final last hurrah before we leave. He wasn't gone more than a couple of hours before he called me and told me that he shot a dog! I was like: "Oh no! How could you?" He said: "No. it's a deer. It's just the size of a dog!" He brought it home to show us in the trunk of the car! Hey - I'm still pleased as punch. It's meat in our freezer and tender at that. He really doesn't want to talk about it, but it's all good!

P.S. - We head for Maine tomorrow morning, so my posts may be sorely lacking for about three weeks. Feel free to pray for our 10 -12 hour drive with a six month old who absolutely despises his carseat! Joy!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Have a good time away! As for the deer, congratulations to your hubby. :) We also had a 'dog' shot this year by my brother-in-law. My dad joked around with him about it being so small the butcher only charged him for the wrap & string when it was picked up. But I'm with you on that thought, hey, it's meat! :)

Trish D said...

Howdy, fellow blogger! You've now been added to my Google reader (mwah ha ha)

We had a friend give us his "Bambi" a few months ago, and it's super yummy. Plus I didn't have to re-arrange the entire freezer to make space :)