Family Christmas

We celebrated Christmas with our little family this past Saturday. We like to have our own little family tradition besides doing things with the extended family, so it was REALLY fun! Kaden's age is so great to really be able to fully enjoy everything.

On our Christmas Eve, we got a special Boz (a silly Christian bear character through MOPS that Kaden LOVES) Christmas DVD with a little Boz stuffed animal that we gave Kaden for his Christmas Eve gift. We brought the air mattress in and camped out in the living room with snacks and our p.j.'s. Then, Jesse woke us all up at 4:30 the next morning, so we all just laid in bed until 6:00 until we decided to just get our day started. We were all fried, but we really had no agenda for the day, so it was fine.

Jesse took his first nap of the day at 7:00 a.m. while Kev and Kaden made pancakes and coffee. Then, we read the Christmas story out of Kaden's Bible. We prayed together and then opened the gifts in our stockings. By then, Jesse had woken back up, so he was able to join in the festivities! Kaden had wrapped a special little toy for him that makes all kinds of noises when you pull on it. Jesse thinks that's pretty cool and attacks it with a vengeance! After we unwrapped our gifts, we all went to Cracker Barrel for lunch and then came home for naps! It was so much fun, and Kaden had such a great time!

His favorite gifts were a little kid's accordian and a backpack that contains his very own tent, sleeping bag, water bottle, whistle, and flashlight. It's set up in our living room, and periodically all throughout the day he disappears for quite some time. We'll peak in, and he's all nestled in his sleeping bag looking up at the "stars" through his roof! It's so cute!

Yep. A great family day. Loved it! I feel like we really took our time and savored it. Kaden did a great job in remembering to say thank you after each gift, and I don't feel like we spoiled him with a ton of presents. He was really thankful with the few we bought him. And, he was also really excited to give us the gifts that were from "him," as well. Having kids really brings back the kid in us! Kev and I were just as excited (maybe more so) than Kaden to celebrate!

And now.......one week until we go HOME to be with our family and friends!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, Ame...just read your last two posts...wish I could see you and your little family...funny how I've known you my whole life, and you have this whole family that I barely know -- well...I know half of you guys...wish I could know your kiddos, and spend time with you guys...you seem to have such a wonderful family -- glad you had a nice Christmas with just you guys. I'm sure you are looking forward to going home to Maine, as well...nice to have your 'own' traditions, too, though, i know. Would love to actually get to chat with you...I am looking forward to when I can be HOME and talk to friends during the DAY...only a few more months to go!!! (I'm almost 22 weeks...so over half-way there!!) Woo-hoo!!! I seriously cannot believe this is finally happening - we are both just so excited to be parents and start our own little family...

Hope you have a wonderful, wonderful Christmas...I am slack in getting my cards out, so yours probably won't arrive until after you leave -- but, please know how much I love you...and truly hope you have a wonderful time at home with all your extended family...Love you, dear friend...
Kristi

Esther Littlefield said...

yay for Christmas! My house is not Christmasy looking at all right now... it's so sad. Anyway, I'm so excited to see you guys!! Your picture in your letter was SO cute!!!!
Oh, and I totally meant to tell you that I changed that link. It used to be my CM link but for obvious reasons that is no longer necessary... so I thought, hey, why not shamelessly promote myself on my friend's blog??

Anonymous said...

dear Ame,
I cant wait to see you and the family!ive been e-mailing you alot but i havent gotten any back so i might have the wrong e-mail mines still the same and i really want to hear from you so if you have any time in your busy schedule you could e-mail me that'd be spectacular!
i love how youve come up w/ your on traditions i think its really great! hope to hear from you soon. love you and miss you all tons!xoxo
<3,
morgan

Life With My Joys..... said...

Morgan! Is this little Morgan Harvey?!!!! Our email has changed. It's kevame@gmail.com Try me again, or give me yours!!