Surprise surprise!

I graduated yesterday. Besides having the dean need to remind me to flip my tassle to the other side of my cap all went smoothly. And both boys handled the one and half hour ceremony quite well, also. Kaden even said: "I wasn't even bored, Mommy!"

It's kind of fun looking back. I never planned to go back to school when we moved out here. I've always had the desire but figured that would be shelved for this season of motherhood. I literally stumbled upon the knowledge of this program through a conversation while meeting some new friends out here. The very next day I went over to the school to check it out, was told there was a class taking place "this instant," sat in on it, and promptly signed up the very next day! And now, two years later, I'm marching down the aisle in a cap and gown. God is good. Maybe there's a Master's out there for me some day, as well. Who knows?

The kicker of this whole celebration though, was the fact that my two brothers drove down from Maine to surprise me!!!! It was so fun and so special to have them here! They arrived on Friday, and we were all so excited to have them here, that we took a road trip for the day and I completely forgot about my grad rehearsal and picking up my cap and gown! I just blindly followed the guy in front of me the next day and no one knew that I had not a clue!

They left here in the rain today but will be driving home in blizzard conditions, I hear. The things they will do for their sis! That's love!

No comments: