TRYING....to slow down

So, we had a bit of a scare last night. Nothing major, but after a couple of long days of babysitting twins, cleaning my house, getting groceries, and doing massive loads of laundry, last evening, I suddenly found myself feeling like I was going into labor! Just for a couple of minutes - but pretty severe pains in belly and back. And my back has been killing me for a couple of days now - very reminiscent of my back labor with Kaden. So, sweet hubby of mine is quickly checking things off of my "want to do and need to do" lists one by one and informing me that I need to slow down. I don't know about you - but this is no easy task for me. I feel like I have two switches - "Off" and "On." I don't tend to turn off until about 8:00 once Kaden is down - but until then I like to GO! Anyway, I feel fine today, and I have an appointment on Thursday. But, as of this morning, at 34 1/2 weeks, I am officially no longer a "working woman!" Ah - the bliss! Now, I'll just try to focus on finishing up my final assignments and begin to "nest!" Can't complain....

3 comments:

Angie said...

That hubby of yours is pretty smart...it's hard to slow down..I know. but at this point, you really need to take care of you and baby. trust me. our bodies know when we have pushed them too hard, and will eventually give up and then, it's really no fun. So, enjoy these last few weeks, with only one baby 'out'...trust me, there'll be lots to do soon enough. ;) love you so much.

Esther said...

Ame,

I completely relate - except for the pregnancy part. Mostly just the "on" and "off" part. I have been having back and neck problems recently, so I went and got a massage the other day. That was wonderful! But the massage therapist told me I need to start doing things to relax more, like just laying completely still on my back and just being. Ya, that's not the easiest thing for me to do. But I've been trying it before going to bed, and I think it's helping my back and neck. Well that was a long comment. We need to talk sometime!

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly your doctor told you to take it easy when we were visiting :o) Sounds like you need to listen to her.... and your mom :o) Love ya!

Jess