Hmmmmm

So, I have seven weeks left to go before bambino numero two comes along! HOLY COW! I'm at the point where I go to see my midwife every two weeks now. Last time I went, I had gained only a half of a pound between visits and was Oh so proud of myself! Well, this time - let me tell you - it was NOT THE CASE! Oh my word - I stepped on those blasted scales and I must have reweighed myself six times before finally confessing to my midwife that I have gained.....ahem....SEVEN POUNDS since my last visit! HOLY BLAST!!!

So, ladies.....here's the cause. Should you so desire to pack on the poundage as I have, here is what you do. Simply take one power packed protein shake every day - and for added oomph just add one banana and a scoop of peanut butter! Good times! I've had to bump my protein up to 80 - 100 grams a day, and let me tell you - that's hard to do. I'm trying to prevent what happened with Kaden - the whole preclampia and major rippage, and this was suggested to help. Anyhoo, we're going to do the protein for two more weeks and see what happens. If the same thing happens next visit - we are DONE with the protein. Good grief!!!

No comments: