Pink or Blue?

So, my midwife thinks that - judging by the heartbeat, I am having a girl. Hmmm, how accurate is that, anyway? That's been my gut all along, but it was rather interesting to hear her confirm what I've been wondering.

Mom has been here these past few days, so she was able to come with me to my appointment, meet my midwife, see my birthing center etc. But, anyway - upon hearing that tidbit of news, when we went to Wal-Mart yesterday, I saw her sneaking all of these girly, frilly things into her cart!! I had to remind her that I will need to be gently EASED into "frilly, girly things" as I am not of that flavor, myself. After pondering this a moment, she finally agreed - seeing as how she hasn't seen me in either a dress or skirt for YEARS myself!!! Oh my - the bane of my existence. Good heavens....... But, I must admit, there are some pretty adorable things hanging in my closet now.....just in case. :0)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ame...I feel like I haven't chatted with you in AGES...we ARE still friends, right?! ha ha!! (Our mothers put us to MAJOR shame!!)...anyways...sounds like you had a great time with your friends and mom...I'm sure she had a great time, too. It would be so fun if you guys had a girl!! I'm not a huge fan of 'frilly' clothes, but...there are definetely some cute little girls clothes....I'm sure you'll find lots of stuff you love!!! Hope all is well with you guys!! And...really...hope to chat with you soon. We're going away this weekend to Nova Scotia, to see Mat and Amanda Fancey, and celebrate our anniversary (a little early), but...maybe next week we can chat!! Take care, Ame!! I love ya, my long lost friend!!!

Anonymous said...

I am not a "frilly" person, either...and for the most part, I didn't dress my little girls in frilly clothes! But they DO have cute girl clothes. And having a girl IS lots of fun! I love the relationship I have with my girls...and it's even better now that they're young adults.

Debby

Angie said...

SOOOOO fun!!!! My midwives would guess based on the heartbeat thing, and for the first two they were right...but not for number three. but it's still fun to have a few things for just in case...i remember with rory ('cause we didn't know she was a girl till she arrived), i thought oh, i'll just dress the baby in neutrals for the first while, even if it's a girl...um, well, that lasted about 2 days, then all i wanted were pinks and purples! and i'm not into frilly either, but man, girl clothes are so fun! so happy to see your hubby on facebook...are you gonna join too?!?! hope so! hope you had a great visit with your mom! talk to you soon! love, ang

Unknown said...

I hear you, Ame. I was totally into using non-traditional non-girly colors and now I have a closet full of pink and purple that she looks totally cute in! You'll fight it for awhile then just give in :) By the way, I, like your mummy, have been going on faith...I'll leave it at that. tee hee