Makin' Coffee

Every morning Kev and Kaden make coffee while I try to get remotely coherent and start my day. Kev just bought this new coffee pot that's a little more high tech, and since they make the coffee every morning, I have never yet learned the concept. Anyway, I had a baby borders scrapbooking class last night for all of the young and pregnant moms in our complex, and I wanted to make a pot of decaf. Kev was running late for class, so he wasn't able to make it for me like I had planned. As he was running out the door he said: "Just ask Kaden. He makes it with me every morning - he'll show you how to make it." I thought to myself: Yeah, right. A two and a half year old will not know the steps of what buttons to push on this coffeemaker, no matter how many times he's made it with Kev. Well, let me tell you....I wanted the coffee, so I asked him if he could help me.

This is how it went down:
"Kaden, Could you show Mommy how to make some coffee for her friends?"
"Yup. Do you want regular or strong?
(WHAT? I even have that option?) "Uh, I guess regular."
"Regular? O.k."
(He pushes that appropriate buttons and then proudly says:)
"That's it - there ya go!" And he runs off to play with his legos.....

Oh my, oh my - the sins of the father shall come back to haunt us someday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! And here I thought it was going to be hard to teach my 7 year old to do the laundry. If your 2 year old can work a coffee machine (I can't) then surely I will have some luck with my children doing the wash! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my word - that is too much!! How cute, though!! How are you doing, Ame?! Haven't talked to you in AGES!!!! Haven't even been to faithful at blogging, so...we must talk soon, okay?! Love ya!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Ame. That's a riot. By the way, I thought of you the other day when the phrase "holy dyin'!" fell out of my mouth. :) Can't recall what the occasion was. Hope all is well. Call me!! :) XOXO

Anonymous said...

OH MY!

I love your little boy. :) Hahahahahaha.