Six.

Jesse Micah - my "humble gift."
My wild and crazy, sweet and simple, darling little Boy Joy.

My favorite labor and delivery.
And my most unhappy newborn.

My blonde-haired, dare deviled, early morning alarm clock...
My speak first, think later, say exactly what's on your mind kind of kid...
My always tripping, always falling, always filthy definition of a BOY...
My always laughing, always happy, tender-hearted, chock full to the brim with LOVE little boy...

Today you are six!
You are growing up, my Love...
And oh - how I love you!

From the time of your birth (up until present, actually) - you have taught me much humility.  You have shown me that I most certainly do not have all of the answers...and just about every single thing that I have said (with utmost pride) that "my child would never do..."  well, Lovey.... you have done it.  Ha!

And that's okay.  This Mama needed to be taken down a few pegs...
You are so very good for me.  In so many ways.
And I am so very very thankful for you...

I love your love of LIFE!  I love how at the end of almost every day you say:  "This is the best day EVER!"  I love how brave and strong you are - and I love your sweet, tender love for your baby sister.  (Although, your definition of "gentle" and Mama's definition of "gentle" are two very different things.  A gentle Jesse kiss still leaves London's head bobbing!)

I love how you are fearless about some things...but kind of timid and wary about others.  I love how you are so free with your kisses and your hugs...and I love how you still come running to me when you fall and hurt yourself.

Which is kind of a lot...

I love your honesty and your crazy, deep questions.  I love how you throw your head back and laugh loud with all of your teeth showing...and I love how your eyes twinkle and I can tell that you are just filled to the brim with impyness and can barely contain yourself!

My prayer for you, sweet boy is that your wild love for all of life translates into a wild and fearless love for Jesus - for all the days of your life.  I pray that your heart always stays huge, and that your generosity and sweet, giving spirit never die.  I love that so much about you.  You would give the shirt off your back if you knew someone needed it.   That's a God-gift, Jesse.  Many people have to work and learn to be generous.  This is just part of who God made you to be.  Never lose that...

You are the middle boy...and sometimes I wonder if you feel a little bit lost in the mix...not old enough to be the biggest, but not the baby boy, either.  Mama was in the middle, too, sweet boy.  And let me tell you over and over again that you are ALL my favorites!  You are so special and so unique....in so VERY many ways!  You are a best friend to Kaden and a fabulous big brother to Ransom.  And you will always be London's big protector.

You are the joy of our home and the crazy of our car trips.
You are the last one asleep and the first one awake.
When all the rest of us are mellow....you keep us entertained.
When someone is grumpy - you can make them bust out laughing.
When the whole house is quiet...well, never mind... It's just.  not...  Like ever. :0)

YOU are what makes our home happy, Jesse Bear!!
You make your Mama so filled to the tippy top happy, and I love you for it.
Thank you for teaching me Joy.
Thank you for living it daily.
Thank you for being YOU.

You always tell me that you love me more...
Sweet boy - there is no possible way.

#5133.  Sweet & Silly spirit ~ so innocent and true.
5134.   Huge, tender heart ~ with love overflowing.
5135.   Deep love for family ~ and the joy of our home.
5136.   Wild & free ~ one who lives FULLY in the moment.
5137.   Honest & Searching ~ sweet innocence.
5138.   Generous spirit ~ so free with your giving...
5139.   Life teacher...
5140.   Joy liver...

My Joy Journey....






No comments: