Dirt and Life.

Sooo.....
"Life" has been happening lately...
Like crazy, spinning, whirling, trying to keep my head above water LIFE.

But, at the same time ~
Growing, trusting, stretching, and life lessons learning LIFE, as well.
Growth is good.  On so many levels.
I find that I don't often grow much unless I am stretched...and unless I am made to trust more deeply.
I grow the most when I completely let go of the reins, and when I hold things loosely...
Sometimes I'm not so good at that...

But speaking of growth:
Behold, my sugar snap peas.
And, behold, my redneck trellis of string...
And so, because of "life"....

I was actually tempted to just leave the rest of my garden alone for this season.  I was going to stick with the peas and beets that were already planted, and just let the rest of it go.

But, I have this Lew in my life...

And he came over on Monday bound and determined to till my garden.  I told him about all of our goings on, and he said:  "Well....I'm still going to till your garden.  It'll be good for the soil."  And till it, he did...
My sweet little rows of beets...
Dee-lish.
My sweet little Chicky Bitties...
Trying desperately to sneak into the garden.
Two of my sweet, little boys of deliciousness...
Getting as filthy as they possibly can.

And so...well, one thing led to another...
Lew got the garden tilled, and then he promptly declared that it was time to plant the corn.
Soooo.... the corn got planted.
Then I had to go inside to feed London, so I left the Hoolies out there with Lew.
And when I came back, He and Jesse and Ransom had not only finished the four corn rows, but they had also planted an entire row of beans AND potatoes!
 Lew said:  "I've got no idea how your beans are going to turn out.  I let Ransom plant that row!"
I love this picture.
I love Lew.
He loves my boys.
And my boys love him.
And so, by the time our sweet little afternoon was over...somehow....some way....
Corn, beans, cucumbers, potatoes, two types of lettuce, leeks, basil, carrots, and kale got planted.
I'm not sure how it happened.
It just did.
I am one with the soil.
Tomatoes, green peppers, pumpkins, and squash still have yet to be planted.
Not sure what life thinks about that...

But, I do know one thing.
Dirt is good for the soul...
And Lew is good for my heart.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

My pea trellis is WAY more redneck. It's all droopy and leany and stuff :)