Oatmeal Blender Pancakes!

Okay.
Just one more recipe, and then I shall move on to other topics, I promise.
But this one is SO worth sharing - believe me!
In my book, it is the perfect pancake:  heavy, dense, moist, and healthy.
Just right for breakfast, lunch, OR supper....in my humble opinion.
And!
They are SO easy to make with hardly any cleanup whatsoever.
Oh, how I love recipes like this!
And!
If you have wee Littles in your kitchen who love to help...and if they can follow any semblance of instructions, they can make these all by themselves.  Easily.

Want the recipe?
Okay, here you go:
Look!  No flour!  I LOVE this...
My only additions and changes were upping the cinnamon amount to a full teaspoon, because I LOVE cinnamon and believe one can never have enough.  And I also threw in a goodsized fistful of ground flaxseed and blueberries to add some extra oomph.  Next time - and believe me, there WILL be a next time, like probably for supper tonight "next time" - I'm also going to a add a few tablespoons of pumpkin puree.

Deee-lish.
Heavens to Betsy....I can hardly contain myself.
These babies won a rousing "thumbs up" from all three boys as their new favorites.
And we have tried MANY a homemade pancake recipe in our day...
Twas a most jolly lunchtime yesterday.
And it just might be a most jolly suppertime tonight...

"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating." ~ Luciano Pavarotti

Well said, Mr. Pavarotti.
Well said, Indeed.


No comments: