Nesting.

Ever so slowly -- between schooling and naptimes, between appointments and gallavanting all over God's green Earth, between being awake for half the night because either my brain won't turn off, or my restless legs won't stop running a marathon....and - as of late, between some pretty heavy duty Braxton Hicks contractions... I am slowly, slowly getting myself organized and beginning the nesting process that is always so comfortingly familiar during these last few weeks of pregnancy.
All my bitty baby girl hats.  So cute.
I am a "nester" by nature, anyway.
I hate clutter, I like to be organized, and I really really love throwing things away.

But pregnancy nesting is just a little bit different for me, and I love it.  I can feel my body telling me that time is getting close...the weeks are winding down...and like pregnant Mamas all the world over - both human and beast...we get that sense of urgency that our home needs to be in order before the big day arrives.
It's not pretty.  But every tub is age appropriately sorted.
Twas the day I thought I might bring about pre-term labor.
 Fourth time around, mind you, I am not nearly as OCD as I once was.  For one thing, I have more Hoolies, and I have way more "stuff."  I'm also older, and bigger, and just plain slower.  But, we are plodding along - only this time, it's looking a little more piece-meal.  A little bit here, a little bit there...and a little bit of "maybe I'll get to that another day..."

....Also unlike with my firstborn, I now have three small wrecking balls who have the potential to go right along behind me in a whirling dervish fashion of amazement and completely un-do all that I previously just gone went and did in a shockingly short amount of time.  But, I'm relaxing and "it is what it is".....and as long as I feel more organized today than I did yesterday, well that's a major battle won, in my book.
booties and socks...which the boys find particularly adorable for some reason.
Why, just last week, we went through the big boy's bedroom and threw away two entire trash bags of clothing and set aside five entire trash bags for yard sale millions to be made.  We used to have two yard sales a year back in the day, but I'm kind of over all of that work now.  I'd much rather just hand it off to our local thrift store and be done with it.  However, the lure of being able to pocket whatever money they made was the incentive needed for these wee boys to do some majorly significant culling of all of their cra-- "stuff."  So, we made a a win-win deal for everyone, I guess.  I'm cool with an all toy yard sale in the spring if it makes me able to see their bedroom floor.
See?  All toys...and some 0-3 month baby boy things.
If anyone feels the urge to Christmas shop for their kids, come see us in June.
And although I am somewhat chomping at the bit to get all three of the boys moved upstairs into our bedroom loft and get London situated into a room of her own...I still think it's best to wait until we learn exactly what kind of personality and how well of a sleeper we have on our hands before we decide to put her on the same level of the house as the rest of us.  If the calisthenics in my womb are any indication of her temperament, I do believe we have a Xena Warrior Princess on our hands...with perhaps a will that is just as strong as her internal abuse to her Mama...So, methinks a sleeping nook in the space above the rest of us just might be what the doctor orders for sanity to reign supreme in our home.  Here's hoping I'm wrong....but I have been correct three times, thus far.

And so, we nest and we wait.
We rest and we grow.
We waddle and we work.
And we are ever thankful for this gift...





1 comment:

meg said...

love, love, love this cozy little room! so many unique and special touches; so sweet! london is a lucky lady!